Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A negative item

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » A negative item 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » April 4, 2014 1:30pm | Report
I don't know if this is a good idea, but what about adding an item in Dota that gives negative effects? This item would deal a bit of damage each turn or poison the carrier, and the only way to get rid of it would be to pass it on via basic attack. You cannot sell or drop these items. Also if the carrier dies, the item is destroyed and the kill is credited to the previous owner. All negative items are unique and do not stack with other negative items. Negative items are out of stock the first 4 minutes of the game.

Possible item

Blood-Sucking Orb
Costs: 600 gold (requires Secret Shop)
Passive: Each second this item deals 10 pure damage, but breaks after a minute (dealing a total of 600 damage in total), but can be spread via basic attack (30% if melee, 20% range). This item also cuts any regeneration in half (Does not stack with multiple Spike Balls)

Toxicity Orb
Cost: 300 gold (Secret Shop)
Passive: Poisons the target (dealing 5% of the total health but will not go under 10% of full health) Also slows the target movement speed by 8%

Blindness Orb
Cost: 250 gold (Secret Shop)
Passive: Cuts enemy targets vision by 25%. IF the target has a vision increasing ability or item, it's vision is cut by 50%. Does not stack.

Beacon Orb
Cost: 450 gold (Secret Shop)
Passive: Gives true sight to the holder of this item (to the enemy team).

Spirit-Crusher Orb
cost: 550 gold (secret shop)
Passive: Doubles the waiting time of all abilities, while increasing the mana use by 50%.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 4, 2014 2:11pm | Report
I don't think it's a good idea for the general gameplay of Dota: 1000-2000 is a lot early on, and it would give a huge advantage to mobile Heroes (who can pass it in a second) and nerfing - though indirectly - slow supports and carries without escape/initiation mechanisms. Plus I don't like the fact it gets destroyed after its carrier dies, because you might end up spending 2000 gold for killing a support that just gets it and sits back until he dies. It's not an overall bad idea, I just think it doesn't fit well in a game like Dota.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » April 15, 2014 3:08pm | Report
ok, i will change it up a bit
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thenickrick » April 16, 2014 11:50am | Report
This spike ball could be bought with starting gold and used to one hit some characters. - .-

Thenickrick

Notable (1)
Steam: [DC] THEnickrick
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » April 21, 2014 8:06am | Report
Make it that it's out of stock the first 3-5 minutes! :D And make them all unqiue negative items! :D or else people will spam buy spike ball and venom balls for easy kills!

Hagwill

Steam: Hagwill

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved