Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

who should buy wards/courier?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » who should buy wards/courier? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 3, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Yeah it's tricky being the only support - you really want a hard support rather than a semi-support then or you're going to resent having to do all the utility stuff and miss out on your core items. Also happy to share spare consumables in lane if my carry needs them, but it can take the mick when they start asking you to buy them Healing Salve and Town Portal Scroll when you're sitting on bosh all cash and no boots while they've been farming for 10 minutes.

Whichever support you are though, it makes a big difference if you can get tower and assist gold - it goes a long way in making life comfortable. Junglers taking your pull camp really doesn't help either, I don't mind them taking a bit sometimes, but when they totally **** up your lane control it's pretty irritating.

Multiple Bracers are sometimes the way to go - I'm a big fan of Point Booster too (bit more expensive, but great value for money). Certainly teams should be more accepting of your K/D if you've been letting them farm and frequently taking one for the team - I remember once channelling an Upheaval as Warlock so the badly wounded players on my team could successfully retreat - obviously I died and then got accused of "feeding" - duhhhh...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » June 10, 2013 1:20am | Report
Quoted:
obviously I died and then got accused of "feeding" - duhhhh...

Story of my support life.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crit_Happens » June 10, 2013 8:13am | Report
I would say that if you are playing a support character then you are obliged to ward throughout the game(Remember that wards win the game!) and you should always buy a courier. Your mid solo should never buy a courier and nor should the other characters unless there's another supporting hero whom can do so.

Crit_Happens

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Col3yf » June 19, 2013 5:52am | Report
So i played in an SD match where my team was Storm Spirit, Kunka, Skywrath Mage, Clinkz and Ursa. No real supports, but Skywrath was taking one for the team and getting a bunch of wards (I think Clinkz got Courier and I upgraded it as Kunka) the thing that bugged me is the dude playing S.S. kept spamming "WE NEED WARDS" and I keep getting upset that he couldn't just buy them himself. I mean S.S. doesn't really get way better late game anyways.

Small story short, he didn't like that answer and kept yelling at mage.

Col3yf

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved