Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

which are good lane combos for getting early kills?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » which are good lane combos for getting early kills? 35 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Morpai » January 28, 2013 7:09am | Report
Hello :D

i'm new to dota, and usually play with a friend, so we typically pick support and carry and go in a lane. Which are good hero combos to get early kills and advantage? So far the most successful we had were:

1. shadow demon / kunkka
2. crystal maiden / juggernaut
3. venomancer / viper

please suggest more, based on your experience

thanks!

Morpai

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 28, 2013 7:16am | Report
Vengeful spirit and tidehunter/skeleton king/chaos knight can never go wrong. Prophet can easily troll diving hero's by trapping them in Sprout whilst your tower hammers them. Dragon Knight has a level 1 2 sec stun as well so he is really good for first bloods.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 28, 2013 11:51am | Report
can't go wrong with the Keeper of the Light and Phantom Lancer just spam the Spirit Lance and its easy kills if they stay or harassing them enought they cant stay in xp range.

any good early game will involce a hero with a stun or slow and another that has alot of early game burst damage. A funny lane ive seen work is Lion and Lina which is just insane lvl 6 burst damage but it doesnt work so well when it comes to late game or just lane picking.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » January 28, 2013 2:27pm | Report
Earthshaker and Viper or Drow Ranger works extremely well. ES just goes through woods, blocks their escape and viper or drow starts pummelling. viper is better, since she deals more damage the lower the enemy health is.

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 28, 2013 2:31pm | Report
Tiny + Centaur Warrunner . Toss Centaur, he stuns, he double edges, usually they're dead then but if not just stun them as Tiny and right click until dead.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 28, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Tiny + Centaur Warrunner . Toss Centaur, he stuns, he double edges, usually they're dead then but if not just stun them as Tiny and right click until dead.

I wonder where this came from...

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » January 28, 2013 2:46pm | Report
also, Bloodseeker and Vengeful Spirit destroy lanes at lvl 6. especially in the safe lane. BS ultis, and then venge swaps, they take damage from the swap, since its travelled units. and they are dead by then. if not, just attack the poor bastard. if for some ungodly miracle the guy is not ****ing dead and the ulti from BS has worn out, just stun him.

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by englishjakes » January 28, 2013 5:04pm | Report
i have to say tide hunter with crystal maiden is my fave dual ult owns whole teams. but i guess tide hunter with any aoe ulty is sweet. also i find if i be necrolyte and i use my ulty to get my teams carry lots of kills specially shadow fiend i havent lost a game with this strategy yet.

englishjakes

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 28, 2013 6:09pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

I wonder where this came from...

It's an old combo. Tiny+Axe works too.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by harumage » February 19, 2013 6:49am | Report
My favourite is tuskar + centaur, By level 3 you do a roll + stun + ice shard + double edge should guarantee a kill.

Veno + Pudge works, Veno + juggernaut is not bad either

harumage

Notable (15)
Steam: JESUSZHENGHONG

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved