Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

When Should a Jungler Drop Quelling Blade / Stout Shield?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » When Should a Jungler Drop Quelling Blade / Stout Shield? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 23, 2013 9:45am | Report
Hey Guys,

Trying to start learning how to jungle. Going to start with Lifestealer and eventually work my way to Enigma, Lycanthrope, and perhaps Chen.

My question is decently simple. When should you lose Quelling Blade and/or Stout Shield? I'm thinking mainly while building Armlet or Assault Curi***, when you need 3 slots, those items start to become dead weight.

So do you just drop them when you need the slot, or what?

Tyerker

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » August 23, 2013 10:05am | Report
You just drop them when you need the slot.

Why would you sell them when you have more slots anyway, 20 damage block is better than 0. And Quelling Blade scales throughout the entire game (farming-wise). Just sell them when you need the slot they're currently occupying, and sell Stout Shield first, it didn't scale.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 23, 2013 10:51am | Report
Is Poor Man's Shield worth a slot end-game?

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 23, 2013 11:20am | Report
Tyerker wrote:

Is Poor Man's Shield worth a slot end-game?

not really, it doesn't make up for an item slot.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by EpicLifes » August 25, 2013 8:47pm | Report
keep them until you need the slots. always have a slot for a TP. and if you play against a furion, keep it longer.

EpicLifes

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 30, 2013 6:46am | Report
EpicLifes wrote:

keep them until you need the slots. always have a slot for a TP. and if you play against a furion, keep it longer.

True that. More than once last night I was saved from a Treant Protector / Skywrath Mage trap and nuke by chopping a tree down and booking it.

Tyerker

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved