Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is Tusk role?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What is Tusk role? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Firehusary » September 30, 2014 6:18am | Report
Hello.

I've found that most people go mid with Tusk, but I think his kit is very supportive. Can anyone point me, what's his role?

Firehusary

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » September 30, 2014 6:49am | Report
Hi.

I am not that sure if his kit is very supportive. Let's think what Tusk has:

Ice Shards is a minor nuke with a some kind of trap/invulnerable, untargettable ground unit.

Snowball is an invulnerable unit that is able to transport Tusk himself and his allies towards the target.

Frozen Sigil is a semi-spammable movement and attack speed slow as a flying unit.

Walrus Punch is a critical damage attack with 1 second disable and slow (2/3/4 seconds).

His skills screams one thing: LET'S GANK!.
He is a midgame semi-carry with huge utility and snowballing (ha!) potential. OF course he can be a support, but he won't be that effective (Second In-House game have proven that :D). His skills goes very nicely with each other and he is probably something like Nyx Assassin - You use a full combo on 1 person and you have almost nothing else to offer. You wait for cooldowns and repeat again. Ice Shards on a hero, Snowball to get closer, Walrus Punch an enemy hero in the air and then Frozen Sigil to slow him down and finish him off (if he won't die straight away). If you will fail to kill someone that way, you just go back to regenerate and try again. There is not that much you can do beside that.
Tusk requires experience more than gold, so that's why he is a midlaner or an offlaner.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BrokenWindows » September 30, 2014 8:51am | Report
I'm far from an expert, but I played 7 Tusk games trying to get a win with him in the all hero challenge. Also a few games before that.

I agree, he works best as an offlane roaming ganker. You're not gonna solo kill most heroes, even with the full combo, but teaming up with an ally will surely get you kills.

I like to vary the combo sometimes. The standard is Ice Shards to Snowball to Walrus Punch. But sometimes I save the Ice Shards to finish off a retreating enemy if Walrus Punch didn't finish him.

He's a lot of fun to play, though. One of my favorites.

BrokenWindows

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 30, 2014 10:42am | Report
Quoted:
(Second In-House game have proven that :D)

Nothing that Xyrus touches is actually effective. (except math)

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 30, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Nothing that Xyrus touches is actually effective. (except math)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved