Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What heroes/roles to play to increase solo MMR?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What heroes/roles to play to increase solo MMR? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » June 8, 2015 2:49pm | Report
Or, alternatively, you could just spam Abaddon/ Necrophos/ Omniknight like everyone else.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 9, 2015 7:03am | Report
apaz wrote:

Or, alternatively, you could just spam Abaddon/ Necrophos/ Omniknight like everyone else.

Ironically none of them are ultra-easy. It's just hard for uncoordinated teams to deal with them.

Anyway, another MMR farmer at low tiers is Night Stalker. Nobody expects 4 minute aggression, and he's pretty easy to play. At those tiers with 5 carry teams, you can probably even get away with Terrorblade, who can completely control games if given the space. Like a more aggressive naga. Don't pick him into nukers, though... ever.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » June 9, 2015 7:17am | Report
Night stalker is a pretty legit suggestion actually. Just don't geg too cocky while playing (i tend to do so sometimes). Or as wulfstan said, play high impact supports.

My best suggestion would be to play a few heroes whom you like the most. Get good at them and then select a hero according to the ssiituation. That is, you need a support? Pick the rubick who looka cool. The situation demands early aggression? Pick night stalker or space cow, etc.
Eventually, you'll start understanding each hero's strengths and weaknesses and also attain a deeper understanding of their roles.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » June 9, 2015 11:33am | Report
I agree with all those "pick whatever you like"-sayers. At 1k rating there is literally a single rule: "everything goes". No matter how (in)experienced your team is....if you can play your hero / role decently, you can make the game for them. It is true however, that there are certain heroes, that do significantly better than others against "new" players.

The thought-process of having a few heroes for every role, is a good one. Making suggestions without knowing about your play-style can be very ineffective though. So...do you have a specific playstyle that you like? ...for me - to give you an example - its high-mobility and/or burst-oriented, meaning heroes like Mirana, Ember Spirit, Phantom Assassin and such.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved