Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do I do from here? (from bots to ???)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What do I do from here? (from bots to ???) 32 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KaguB » May 17, 2014 6:52pm | Report
Hi!

So, I've read the guides, I have a hero pool that has heroes I can "play", I've made my own custom builds for each character and had them checked. I know my ward locations. At this point, bots are only feeding and not helping at all, not even to practice new characters (as they steal my farm, since the always seem to lane me with another carry).

People say I'm ready for pubs, but you know what? I don't want to play pubs. I don't. Why would that even be fun? I'll go in, the four people on my team will not speak my language or just simply ignore me, and it'll just be Bots #2. On the other hand, I'm also nervous about losing and therefore making my team lose.

I've tried gathering stacks, but they always seem to simply fall apart before we even start one game.
I've tried getting friends, but I always get nervous when we're about to play and make an excuse.

What do?

KaguB

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » May 17, 2014 8:25pm | Report
Grow a pair and go play.

You never no sometimes even low priority has a friendly responsive team, while ranked may be full of feeding hooligans.

Sometimes normal matchmaking is hell, sometimes you meet a nice team.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Woubit » May 18, 2014 1:58am | Report
Honestly,it won't be as bad as you think - i made the HORRIBLE decision of going straight into a pub game after the tutorials, and i learned how not to play like a deranged gibbon after about 3 games or so - with all the preparation you've done, you'll be perfectly fine, quite possibly much better than the people you have been matched up with. Just go for it

Woubit

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 18, 2014 2:09am | Report
Really, I never practiced playing with bots, from my 1st game I'm playing matchmaking.
If you want I can play 1-2 dotos with you :d
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 18, 2014 3:15am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

Really, I never practiced playing with bots, from my 1st game I'm playing matchmaking.

I can play with you as well, organize a time, add us as friends and we can play with you, ill even play support dazzle so your invincible ;)
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 18, 2014 3:30am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

FleetAU wrote:

I can play with you as well, organize a time, add us as friends and we can play with you, ill even play support dazzle so your invincible ;)

Well, add me and this could be an epic 4-stack, 1 more needed 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 18, 2014 4:18am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Well, add me and this could be an epic 4-stack, 1 more needed 8{D

Did someone say "4-stack"? *Pops in unexpectedly*

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 18, 2014 4:29am | Report
We should add all the dotafire peoplez.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » May 18, 2014 4:45am | Report
I am in, folks.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 18, 2014 5:24am | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

I am in, folks.

...and now we have a coach! 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved