Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Unique attack modifiers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Unique attack modifiers 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Entenei » February 7, 2013 1:44am | Report
Hello there,
I'm a little bit confused about what items stack, especially when it comes to life steal and Unique attack modifiers (Orbs???)

Do things that give life steal stack?
For instance.
Mask of Madness (Not a Unique attack modifier)
Satanic (Not a Unique attack modifier)
Eye of Skadi (this Is a Unique attack modifier however it says it stacks with life steal?)

If life steal is a unique attack modifier why does it express it on the basic morbid mask and not on the higher up's? - could the mask of madness's and Satanic's activate abilities be used together to give massive health back?

Also - Do these all work on Luna, + does the health proc on each bounce? also would Eye of Skadi's Frost attack proc on the bounces as well?

Sorry if this is obvious.

Thanks for your help, Regards

Ent

Entenei

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 7, 2013 3:58am | Report
Mask of Madness, Helm of the Dominator, Morbid Mask and Satanic are orb effects and they don't stack with each other.

However, if you're a meele hero, you can get more life steal that would stack, with Vladmir's Offering, since it's an aura, and not an orb.

Mask of Madness and Satanic can be used together, just make sure Satanic is on the first item slot, and Mask of Madness behind it, you'll receive the life steal only from Satanic though while receiving the attack speed from Mask of Madness.

The attack modifier works only on the first hit I believe, not on the bounces as well.

I hope I answered your questions, if you don't understand something, feel free to ask.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » February 7, 2013 7:33pm | Report
I'm pretty sure its not the order of items in inventory, but which items is oldest that get priority for orb effect. You can change this by dropping items.

The only lifesteal that is not an orb effect is Vladimir's Offering Everything else that gives lifesteal is an orb effect and cannot stack with each other. You are wrong when you say Mask of Madness or Satanic are not orb effects; they are.

If you have 1 lifesteal item + Vlad's, it will stack. 2 or more Vlad's will not stack, as the lifesteal is from the aura, and the aura doesn't stack.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » February 7, 2013 7:34pm | Report
daPhongster wrote:

I'm pretty sure its not the order of items in inventory, but which items is oldest that get priority for orb effect. You can change this by dropping items.

The only lifesteal that is not an orb effect is Vladimir's Offering Everything else that gives lifesteal is an orb effect and cannot stack with each other. You are wrong when you say Mask of Madness or Satanic are not orb effects; they are. It is expressed in each item similarly to Morbid Mask.

If you have 1 lifesteal item + Vlad's, it will stack. 2 or more Vlad's will not stack, as the lifesteal is from the aura, and the aura doesn't stack.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » February 7, 2013 7:35pm | Report
daPhongster wrote:

The only lifesteal that is not an orb effect is Vladimir's Offering Everything else that gives lifesteal is an orb effect and cannot stack with each other. You are wrong when you say Mask of Madness or Satanic are not orb effects; they are.

Not true. Lifestealer's Feast and Skeleton King's Vampiric Aura both give lifesteal and are not orbs.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Entenei » February 8, 2013 1:48am | Report
Awh I see, yes i noticed last night that all the life steal mask's (not the aura) Say they are unique attack. I am getting myself confused obviously. I thought they didn't.
Yes this answers my question wonderfully, thanks a lot to you all.

Entenei

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by harumage » February 19, 2013 6:46am | Report
Maelstrom does stack with other unique modifiers such as lifesteal/armor debuff attacks.
There is a 25% chance of maelstrom releasing a lightning per hit, when this happens, it will override the lifesteal or armor debuff only for that attack. Therefore people treat it as a "stackable" orb effect.

harumage

Notable (15)
Steam: JESUSZHENGHONG

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved