Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

the challenge of micro skills

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » the challenge of micro skills 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nonplusultra » October 9, 2014 9:13am | Report
Hi everyone, maybe I'm coming here in desperation lol, honestly I've had some challenges trying to master most of heroes, I still consider myself a noob, though I almost reach my 200th game I still feel like needing tons of practicing cause I keep losing when trying new characters and this is the reason why I came to create the thread.

After reading probably 7 guides, watching videos and watching live games where Meepo has been used, I can't still use him, to the point where it has become a bit frustrating cause I've lost my recent games baaaaadly cause of him, then I came to the question, am I the only one who has gone through this? probably not. So I'm here to know if this is something that oftenly happens, and what does pro players did to overcome the challenge, if there are certain tips to master him cause I think I'm not this good with micro skills.

Thanks to whoever reads and answers this.

nonplusultra

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 9, 2014 9:21am | Report
*waits with baited breath*

I really want to play a couple of Micro hero's as well, but i'm putting it off a bit! Any tips would be great, i have looked on youtube and the pickings are slim.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » October 9, 2014 9:22am | Report
Hmm, when I play Meepo and get stopmed I'm not the only cause of the loss, usually: I find him challenging to play, but never difficult unless I get heavily counterpicked.

About the tips, remembering the combo is all you need: as soon as you get your core up, you can use your secondary Meepos to farm your jungle while the main one roams around the map (possibly with the rest of your team); whenever you find an opportunity, get ready to Blink-poof. This is a thing that comes solely with practice, and not with personal experience or micro skills: it's called muscle memory, and once you learn to press the keys in the correct order you won't forget it.

Another important thing you need to keep in mind is that you don't have to move all the Meepos at the same time: that's the fastest way to get instakilled by Heroes like Earthshaker and leaves you with little to no counter-ganking when caught alone. Thinking about it, if your main Meepo gets stunned you can poof in the other ones and ensnare the enemies, while if all your Meepos get caught the enemies will know when they're going to poof and will expect their Earthbinds.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » October 28, 2014 8:47am | Report
Well, although it is true that playing Meepo as one unit does get you killed instantly by burst AoE heroes like Lina, Earthshaker, and Lion, it is still possible. Trust me, Meepo is one of the heroes that I was really good with for a long time in low levels! and as long as nobody counters! you can usually stomp pretty hard even if you lack micro skills by just learning when to Poof.
Also, playing Meepo is always difficult, as he is very micro intensive and a high risk/high reward hero. If you actually want to get good at Meepo, I suggest practice jungling and laning Meepo in bot matches! and then amp up your micro until you can blink-poof combo well. That is my experience with Meepo. Sorry if that doesn't help, but that is what I noticed.
Also, try Visage. He is so fun, doesn't require a huge amount of micro and owns because NO ONE at your level understands what he does!
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » October 30, 2014 1:35am | Report
I used to play Starcraft. No big problems concerning micro. :D

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Adder » October 30, 2014 6:47am | Report
I find microing really easy in Dota.

Tab is your best friend
and you need a rolling motion between your fingers

I normally went;

Select all meepos, run towards an unsuspecting enemy, q click tab q click tab q click in various areas around where you think they are or might run too (great for team fights as well)

Then run up to an enemy and tab w click tab w click tab w click ect until dead.

Basically you need to get used to using tab, same with all micro heroes.

Don't know if this will be helpful for yourself, but this is how I managed to contribute massively to some team wipes.

If you notice a meepo is low on health, unless your quick with the tab button and checking health, just click the meepo with low health and run back to base, you can always teleport him in once he is full.

You can also farm multiple camps with just 2 meepos if you have max w leaving your 5th meepo to run around with your team and teleporting all other meepos in if neccessary.

Again don't know if any of this is helpful for yourself, but just keep playing him until it comes second nature is the only real advise I can suggest.

Adder

Notable (1)
Steam: Adder
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 30, 2014 7:32am | Report
Is there a key (or can you set one) to jump to the selected hero? So, F1 selects your hero, double tap it and it centers camera.
Now, if i have illusions (or, if I'm Visage, Meepo etc) and i press Tab to select on of my other units. Is there a key to center the camera, or is there just pressing on the portrait/map?

I know this isn't a major thing, but i just think it would be so much easier...

Romark
Dimonychan wrote:

Romark14

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 30, 2014 8:50am | Report
Adder wrote:

Tab is your best friend
and you need a rolling motion between your fingers

This ^

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » November 8, 2014 2:05pm | Report
Romark14 wrote:

Is there a key (or can you set one) to jump to the selected hero? So, F1 selects your hero, double tap it and it centers camera.
Now, if i have illusions (or, if I'm Visage, Meepo etc) and i press Tab to select on of my other units. Is there a key to center the camera, or is there just pressing on the portrait/map?

I know this isn't a major thing, but i just think it would be so much easier...

Romark

lol, you just perfectly described control groups, they are in the game already. if you use qwer for spells then they will probably be bound to 1-6 keys.

As for meepo...all lies...has no one ever heard of quick cast?
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 10, 2014 4:07am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

lol, you just perfectly described control groups, they are in the game already. if you use qwer for spells then they will probably be bound to 1-6 keys.

As for meepo...all lies...has no one ever heard of quick cast?

I wasn't aware double tapping the control group centered the camera. Excellent! Maybe i'll finally give Visage a try then!

I've been avoiding all of these types of hero's...
Dimonychan wrote:

Romark14

Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved