Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Team figth

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Team figth 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0gic » August 14, 2013 4:48am | Report
Hi, I palay dota 2 about 4 month.
I have big problem in team fights, for example i cant find my hero in the middle of the fihgt and after few seconds i find out i'm dead. :P
Usually i die first in team fights,so i'd be grateful if someone culd give me some advice about that.

L0gic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 14, 2013 4:53am | Report
You'll just have to get used to it, things get graphically messy in teamfights.

However, one important thing to note is that you have to know what exactly is your role in teamfights. Are you an initiator? Get in first. If you give your team an advantage, then even if you die you've done well. Are you a carry? Your job is to right click, disable if you have one, and most importantly being the person with the damage to take down all of the heroes on the other side AND survive.

The point here is know your goal and fulfill it. If you can, dying is fine.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 14, 2013 5:37am | Report
Sooner or later, you'll know all the spells, all the heroes, you'll know what's your role in the team and also your positioning. Don't worry about it, you'll get used to it. :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 26, 2013 8:51am | Report
Focus Drow Ranger, Huskar, or any hero with 2 lives, like Skeleton King or someone who picked up Aegis of the Immortal.

Just kill the carry.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » August 27, 2013 11:37pm | Report
Hades is spot on, it takes experience. Normally yes, kill the carry first. Unless there is a Dazzle or Chen floating around. Or that warlock who wants to drop his ult on your team. Better get that silencer as well so we can spam spells.

It's one of those things that game by game. Learn your role (disabler, initiator, DPS, healer) and decide from that
Chen should never be the first one in unlike Magnus who should setup the whole team fight.

Gl, keep playing

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 28, 2013 3:41am | Report
Given you have enough disables, I find it generally better to kill their AOE initiator first while keeping the carry disabled, as those are ultimately the most dangerous. Carry comes second.

I.E: That Earthshaker is more dangerous than a Drow Ranger.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved