Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Support Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Support Hero 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by VooDooTech » August 7, 2013 10:32pm | Report
Hello All

As in the title i need some support with the support :)

I was always a supporter... and got kick in the balls by Flamers for that they cannot play carry and needed blame somebody....ungrateful is the role of support but we are the game ender's..like the domino, we begin and our minions continue to do the job (yes you Mr. Carry!) :P

Wasen't playing dota 2 for about 2 months and i will need some clarification (of cause if you can provide me with it)

I am now looking at the new heroes and i am confused.
What are now the roles of:

Abaddon, Titan and Sky Mage?

Yes, yes i know... aba can be an support and a carry (not a perfect one but still a carry)
Titan is....well.. i dont know best initiator? can be a support i think.
Sky... nuker / support and a good middle boy.

I would like to ask you now if there is a list of all the supporters and what are the best roles it can do.

Thank you in advence and keep owning!

VooDooTech

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » August 7, 2013 10:38pm | Report
List of supports is pretty long but our database has all the heros and roles as well as what they are better in, i.e ganker, jungler, lane support.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by VooDooTech » August 8, 2013 1:33am | Report
Yes so maybe a list of most used support heroes including the new one? :P

VooDooTech

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » August 8, 2013 1:42am | Report
Io is most banned support because he is ****ing ball of light and generally his carry boosting skills are OP.
Visage is most picked support, because when Io is banned teams need other OP support like Visage, who can deal 94682345 damage in each fight thanks to his W and is pretty durable. Also his tri-lane presence is very good.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » August 8, 2013 1:46am | Report
Relocate is also such a good spell. Rubick is another common support pick due to his utility and spell steal. Bane has his cc in nightmare and fiends grip which goes through magic immunity. Jakiro has alot of AOE with his spells. Chen sees a good amount of play due to his healing and creeps as well as the sendback.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by VooDooTech » August 8, 2013 1:53am | Report
Sorry but: OP support like Visage, who can deal 94682345 damage <-- How?

VooDooTech

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 8, 2013 2:07am | Report
VooDooTech wrote:

It's a hyperbole.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 8, 2013 2:10am | Report
VooDooTech wrote:

What he meanth is that visage can deal extra damage based off of damage that's already been dealth in a fight
Edit: this skill

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by VooDooTech » August 8, 2013 5:35am | Report
I see but he is not a pure support i see...still thx never considered Visage :)

VooDooTech

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Teysha » August 13, 2013 2:47pm | Report
People are usually playing skywrath as support. I never tried it but seems good. Abaddon can be both support and carry like you said . Depends on play style. And elder titan reminds me puck. Goes mid usually, good initiator and goes well with aoe comboes. Not a support at all. If you are not drafting, learn to play IO. This ball is crazy. Share your regen with carry, stun somebody, give your carry steroids and of course, relocate. Visage is a good support tho. Slow with grave chill, deal damage with soul assumption, heal with gravekeepers cloak, and give vision with familliars. And also Jakiro is good. With the all cc and damage It(she?) has, your laning phase would be good with your carry and in teamfights, well Macrophyre everyone you can.

Teysha

Steam: Teysha

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved