Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So... I'm terrible at DotA2...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » So... I'm terrible at DotA2... 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ForumGhost » December 11, 2012 1:33pm | Report
As the title suggests, I'm awful at DotA2. I only find myself to be decent with carries, especially Drow Ranger, but I would like to be able to expand a bit with my skillset and be able to branch out and play other types of characters, so I was wondering if I could get a bit of help.

1) The first thing I need help with is console commands for things that I need, like to be able to deny creeps, because I have no idea how to. I read about a command that let you attack your own creep when it's deniable, but I'm not sure how to use said command or anything to be honest. And if there are any more commands like that that I need to know, then I would appreciate it if you guys/gals could post them for me.

2) The second thing I really want to try is jungling, but the jungling guides I've seen haven't really explained it enough. I have no idea how to stack mobs (or if that's even still able to be done), and I don't know shoot about ward placements either.

3) Micro-managing minions for minion-based/clone-based heroes. I have absolutely no idea how to do this either, and was wondering if anyone could explain how I do this too.

4) Activating spells like Enchantress' Impetus and Drow Ranger's Frost Arrows without having to right click. I really need to learn how to do this too, because it is driving me nuts and costing me kills in-game to have to take the extra time to go right-click the ability rather than just hitting the key and activating it.

If you just feel like posting related guides in response, then that would be great. I would look it all up myself, but an expert's opinion is always appreciated, and this could serve as a valuable source of information for other newbie players with the same questions! Thank you all for reading this and taking the time to look over it.

ForumGhost

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 11, 2012 3:52pm | Report
ForumGhost wrote:

1) The first thing I need help with is console commands for things that I need, like to be able to deny creeps, because I have no idea how to. I read about a command that let you attack your own creep when it's deniable, but I'm not sure how to use said command or anything to be honest. And if there are any more commands like that that I need to know, then I would appreciate it if you guys/gals could post them for me.

2) The second thing I really want to try is jungling, but the jungling guides I've seen haven't really explained it enough. I have no idea how to stack mobs (or if that's even still able to be done), and I don't know shoot about ward placements either.

3) Micro-managing minions for minion-based/clone-based heroes. I have absolutely no idea how to do this either, and was wondering if anyone could explain how I do this too.

4) Activating spells like Enchantress' Impetus and Drow Ranger's Frost Arrows without having to right click. I really need to learn how to do this too, because it is driving me nuts and costing me kills in-game to have to take the extra time to go right-click the ability rather than just hitting the key and activating it.

1) There isn't a command to last hit(to my knowledge), you can start last hitting your own creeps once their HP hits at or below 50%

2) On the first neutral spawn, they spawn at the 30 second mark after the horn is sound then every 1:00 minute mark. ex: 0:30, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, etc.

Ward place guide here: http://www.team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/DotA/1092/Dota-2-Ultimate-Guide-to-Warding/

3) Crtl + #1-9/0 will set a unit(s) to that number. So you can set your hero to 1 and the courier to 2. If there are multiple units under control then bind each unit to another number and have a group bind. 1 = hero, 2= Creep#1, 3= Creep#2, 4=creep#3, 5= everything except courier

4)ALT + [Q/W/E/R] to toggle whatever spell if it can be toggled

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » December 11, 2012 4:18pm | Report
Console commands-
First create a .txt file and place it in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg file. Now, you can edit that .txt file to be able to use console commands. For the full list of console commands there is one at dota2wiki.com What I generally use is show health bars and right-click deny--
dota_force_right_click_attack "1"
Now when you are done with editting that .txt file save it. Now you will have to convert it to a .cfg file. To do that, click the Oraganize button with an arrow pointing down (below the back arrow). Now, under view options deselect "hide extensions for known file types". Then go to your .txt file and change the ending from __________.txt to _________.cfg
I think you will need to name your file autoexec.cfg.

Hope I helped! :)

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ForumGhost » December 11, 2012 5:08pm | Report
Thank you both very much! I really appreciate the help.

ForumGhost

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AkiTsubasa » January 20, 2013 10:24pm | Report
or right click it to auto casting, if your Alt+(qweasd) used to be inventory hotkey(like HoN)

AkiTsubasa

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved