Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Phantom Lancer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Phantom Lancer 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 30, 2013 6:57am | Report
Personally I always look at Earthshaker (his illusions feed the power of Echo Slam), and Medusa, who's ultimate causes 500-1500 damage to illusions and Split Shot lets you clear them out pretty well.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 30, 2013 10:45am | Report
I know it may not be your best option, but I feel that at least an honorable mention should go to Outworld Devourer, as his Arcane Orb deals 400 bonus damage to illusions, plus his ult is an AoE nuke.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 1, 2013 2:44am | Report
I think items that deal area damage like Battlefury and Mjollnir also help in countering PL.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 1, 2013 9:31am | Report
the problem with PL is, that once he has his Heart of Tarrasque, u almost need aoe dmg to clean his illus or to see who is the real one is. Therefore simple aoe dmg spells like Light Strike Array or Dragon Slave are wasted. Therefor i can only agree with all those who mentioned Luna Medusa and Gyrocopter ...all of them have a way of clearing illusion rather fast and without the waste of mana or cooldowns

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » May 6, 2013 9:17am | Report
Thanks for all the great advice. I chose to go with faceless void, who I hadn't played before. I'm doing really well with him and find him an excellent counter to PL as well as many others. I recently had a 36/6/6 game with him against a side with PL.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by soyacan » May 6, 2013 9:17pm | Report
I like to pick Gyrocopter or Leshrac as a PL counter

soyacan

Notable (1)
Steam: soyacan
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 8, 2013 5:21am | Report
I think Kunkka with his Tidebringer and Sven with his Great Cleave are effective counters to Phantom Lancer. The only problem is if these 2 heroes are underfarmed compared to the enemy team's Phantom Lancer, then there's very little that they can do.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Underseer » May 14, 2013 3:37pm | Report
PL is a powerful carry, yes. But, as with every carry, he can be countered with the right team and know-how.

Wards/Dust will prevent him from stealthing away, while AoE will reveal which one is the real PL, stuns/silences can prevent him from getting off his actives, and flat, single target damage can drop a phantasm in very few hits.

Good counters would be anyone who can fight illusions. Earthshaker and Gyrocopter being my favorites. Tidehunter can do pretty well, same with Birstleback and Slardar.

Map control can also really hurt him. If the PL thinks he's going to be clever and get a solo kill, but ends up being 5-man smoke ganked, then the only way he'll get away is if:
A) he's fed out the wazoo
B) he's really super clever
C) Know about your wards, and is luring you and your team to a very painful death
D) None of you brought dust *HINT HINT*

Underseer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dynasty987 » May 14, 2013 4:16pm | Report
Underseer wrote:

D) None of you brought dust *HINT HINT*

Dust is easily countered by diffusal --> doppelwalk.

Wards or a gem are required.

dynasty987

Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved