Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Not sure how crit works

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Not sure how crit works 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ShunTu » May 2, 2014 9:45am | Report
I play Carries every now and then, mostly Anti-Mage, and I notice a lot that whenever I do play a carry, I usually buy a Crystalis and then leave that alone to get my other items, mostly because I have no idea how crits work. I know that they make you do more damage, but it's not like a DD Rune that is just your damage x2, it's usually in percentages, as with Phantom Assassin's ulti, or Crystalis and Daedalus, and I'm not very good at telling how much this is boosting my damage at all.

Could anyone give me a simplified version if how much these things boost your damage? Like, does PA's ulti increase her attack damage by say, 4x?
You can find me as Granduer on steam. I'm pretty nasty in-game if the game isn't going well, but that depends on the team, really. I play usually around one game of dota every day, because of the trouble my computer has processing the game map. It's not that big of a problem, though.

My favorite heroes are;

Legion Commander, Kunkka, Witch Doctor, Storm Spirit, Dark Seers, and bounty hunter.

ShunTu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 2, 2014 10:09am | Report
PA's level 3 crit is 450% crit so it does 4.5 times your damage, juggernaut has a 200% crit so does 2 times his attack damage.

Btw dont buy crit first, it isnt very good early game and slows down your farm becouse you could be getting attack speed or lifesteal.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » May 2, 2014 10:17am | Report
You'd just multiply the bonus by the chance to see what the average increase is. So reliably speaking PA's ult increases her attack damage output to (4.5 * .15 = .67) 167% with a level 3 Coup de Grace.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 2, 2014 10:24am | Report
If you mean how much it increases your damage on average (rather than just when it Procs), Multiply your Damage by the Crit, then by the Chance to Proc, then just add you Damage again (since you'll always get a regular attack anyway) e.g...

Coup de Grace when Maxed has a 15% chance to do 450% Damage. At level 16, with Phase Boots, Drum of Endurance and Maelstrom, Phantom Assassin's Attack Damage is 105 + 48 for a total of 153. Since Crits take both into account your Average Damage

153 + (153 * 4.5 * 0.15)
153 + 103
256 Damage

So if you look at it another way, a Crystalis gives you an extra 35% Damage on average (after adding the 30 Bonus Damage), and a Daedalus gives you an extra 60% damage on average (after adding the 81 Bonus Damage)

P.S. Double Damage actually only Doubles your Base Damage, so if you have 123 + 24 Damage a DD Rune would give you 123 + 147 (123 Base, then 24 + 123 Bonus Damage)
Timminatorr wrote:

Btw dont buy crit first, it isnt very good early game and slows down your farm becouse you could be getting attack speed or lifesteal.

P.P.S. This ^

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zeth_Foherein » May 2, 2014 10:53am | Report
360%=3.6x
200%=2x
What means that Phanton Assassin ulti hit deals 4.5x the damage (450%)
Remember: If a Hero buys both a Crystalys and a Daedalus, on every hit the Hero has a 20% chance of proccing a critical attack from Daedalus, a 15% chance from Crystalys, and a 5% chance of proccing both. Unlike the independent stacking, Daedalus overrides the Crystalys in the last case, because it has a higher critical damage multiplier and only one critical can proc on one hit.

Zeth_Foherein

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Darionnn17 » May 2, 2014 2:40pm | Report
See it like this: THere is a % of chance you will do a crit a % of dmg you will do whenever you hit a crit. For instance Chaos Knight has 10% chance to do a critical which is 1/10 ^^

Darionnn17

Steam: GODLIKE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved