Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New player looking for some help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New player looking for some help 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 13, 2013 12:49am | Report
Ogre magi is also a pretty easy to use tanky support if you just feel like nuking peoples faces off. Jakiro can be pretty fun too since hes decently tanky and i so amazing in teamfight your allies will love you for picking him. (atleast i do, especially when im kunnka.)

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » October 14, 2013 10:02am | Report
I would recommend Razor, SK (Sand King), and Silencer. Those are the 3 main heroes that I learned to use and they have been really effective. Razor can do some serious nuking with his static link + plasma field and eye of the storm. Sand King's initiation burrowstrike is great in a teamfight, plus if you can get a blink dagger + epicenter combo off you are a serious threat if you can get the drop on the enemy team. I recommend silencer as well because his global silence is insanely good in a teamfight, he can drain the enemy teams mana and late game (with the correct intelligence items) his glaves of wisdom deal a metric ton of damage.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 15, 2013 11:17am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Ogre magi is also a pretty easy to use tanky support if you just feel like nuking peoples faces off. Jakiro can be pretty fun too since hes decently tanky and i so amazing in teamfight your allies will love you for picking him. (atleast i do, especially when im kunnka.)

Great post +1 Rep Given!!!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » October 16, 2013 12:34am | Report
Try playing someone a little more challenging that ogre magi, It's best to learn a support hero you're not comfortable with because you'll see improvements in your gameplay if that's what your looking for. What i would suggest is trying someone new, someone you dont see very often. I suggest trying Rhasta (Shadow Shaman) Personally hes one of my favourite supports but he does require a bit of farm since he runs pretty slow or even someone who is well rounded is a vengeful spirit as a support and can easily transition into a semi-carry/carry. If you'd like a few starter tips on how to play her, i dont mind suggesting my place style. Just send me an inbox if you're interested.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 17, 2013 8:21am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

I would recommend Razor, SK (Sand King), and Silencer. Those are the 3 main heroes that I learned to use and they have been really effective. Razor can do some serious nuking with his static link + plasma field and eye of the storm. Sand King's initiation burrowstrike is great in a teamfight, plus if you can get a blink dagger + epicenter combo off you are a serious threat if you can get the drop on the enemy team. I recommend silencer as well because his global silence is insanely good in a teamfight, he can drain the enemy teams mana and late game (with the correct intelligence items) his glaves of wisdom deal a metric ton of damage.

Neither of those are quite easy.With Razor new players will probably end up chasing an enemy into his team because he wants the damage, initiating with Sand King is not easy-breezy, and Silencer needs a lot of timing for Global Silence.

Since we're talking about a new player, I'd suggest something easier with straight out skills.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved