Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nervous to play againt other people

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Nervous to play againt other people 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kraxer » September 22, 2013 1:04pm | Report
I just started I have played 2 games against regular people not bots( the bots really suck, run from fights and leave you stranded).

My problem is I told them it was my first game, and they all just blasted me with reported, and I was 1-8-12 as Omniknight, I healed, used guardian angle and all my abilities that got us out of a jam, but in the end it was my fault we lost, they all was saying

Second game,I used Windrunner, I was 5-6-8, and of course I was called the worst Windrunner ever, Ok so I wasn't that great, I told them it was my second game live ever, they said it didn't matter, I sucked and was going to be reported.

Problem is, I don't want to get banned from the game, because I suck right now, and the bots don't make you any better, because they don't act like a real person does in fight situations.

Will I get banned because I suck right now apparently?

Is anyone willing to help me learn to play better?

Thanks in advance!

Kraxer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 22, 2013 1:08pm | Report
First of all, everyone is bad at the beginning, I recommend you to ignore everyone and keep playing.

Remember that you can mute players so you don't get demoralized by what they're saying.

Just play your way, enjoy the game and have fun, don't let those flamers make you feel bad, they're not any better.

And no, you're not going to get banned, just ignore them and move on.

Yeah, finding someone to help you is a good idea, but the best is to make friends to play with, friends that you enjoy cooperating with and won't flame you when you make a mistake !

Good luck <3.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » September 22, 2013 2:02pm | Report
http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck
Okay, with that right off the bat, you should now focus on improving in general.

Have you learned about:
Basic mechanics?
Items?
Heroes?

If yes, then you can probably play real match. If not, then go play co-op bot, just to learn about teammate behaviors first. When i started playing, i could 20-0 using Viper in bot easy, but jump to co-op bot easy, the score goes into 5-11. Simply because the teammates are actual humans now.

Then, when you're comfortable with human ally, you can play real match. Just remember this:

Quoted:
You are going to be constantly reminded of how much you suck for about 1-3 months (if you learn). If you read this guide and use your brain and be actively aware of how bad you suck, you can easily shave time off of your complete noob status. You could even make some kids think that you’re really good, but only if they are bad.

Unfortunately, Dota 2 has a massive learning curve.

*snip*

You are going to feed. You are going to ruin games, and someone is going to be happy to tell you why. DotA was originally played in Warcraft 3, and they had the most bad mannered, whining, *******s on the gaming internet. The only thing that comes close is Xbox Live. Luckily, with Dota 2, Valve has been making some really great strides to create a better environment for all players involved. The people playing the game are better than they used to be, but you are still playing a TEAM game that requires your allies to not be idiots for you to succeed. There will almost always be some levels of disappointment, and frustration between your allies, and you.

My #1 tip to playing Dota 2, is that if someone flames you, or is freaking out about your play in an OVERLY(key word) critical way, press the mute button on them immediately, and then enjoy the rest of the game from your peaceful, but mysteriously quiet ally. Ignoring them doesn't work. Let them say 1 mean thing, and let that be it. Your day will be much better this way, I promise.

You are going to have to have thick skin to play Dota 2. To get around this major barrier of entry, PLAY AGAINST THE BOTS WHEN YOU FIRST START. The Bots will not rage at you, they won’t care if you feed. They will teach you the heroes by destroying you with them, and no one has to know.

Harsh truths, i know.

Depending on your server location, i might have some time playing a co-op bot match with you, or just teach the theories of Dota. Currently i'm teaching someone else from scratch, so if you want to join, that'd be great. My Steam ID is ->

Also, there won't be bans on bad play. Probably just report into low prio. Avoid pub then because low prio pub is literal hell.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RobinTh3Hood » September 22, 2013 5:41pm | Report
I started playing early this year and I just played co-op bot games with my mates. As long as you trust your mates to help you out and not get mad about losing to what I've found is usually pretty good ai (accept that running from combat bit)

Overall just watch purgegamers on YouTube (he uploads daily :D) and read the guides on dotafire, the community is great on dotafire and will help you more than some Russian hermit :P

If you wanna play together my steam is (TGP)RobinTh3Hood although I only play on Aussie servers so sorry if that's an issue.

RobinTh3Hood

Notable (1)
Steam: (TGP)RobinTh3Hood
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » September 22, 2013 5:42pm | Report
Unfair bots are actually not that bad (at least in your mmr at the moment, they're better than most players there)

If you don't really want to play against people yet because of what happened, you can always have fun with unfair bots.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » September 22, 2013 7:47pm | Report
samukobo wrote:

Unfair bots are actually not that bad (at least in your mmr at the moment, they're better than most players there)

If you don't really want to play against people yet because of what happened, you can always have fun with unfair bots.

I find that in normal+ difficulties, your bot friend will feed. Especially to Viper and Luna.
And then no matter how skilled you are, you'll lose because they've been fed several times. And then they'll all teamfight one by one. Leaving you alone to be killed. It's actually an issue in dota 2 dev IIRC, it's only fun playing 5 human coop bot unfair.

For me, it's easy all the way. The roflstomp really helps with raising morale.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 23, 2013 1:10am | Report
I wouldn't worry too much - bad players will always blame other people for their losses, it still happens sometimes even in the higher brackets :S. If they're in the same game as you, it means they're being matchmade with a completely new player - which says as much as you need to know about their particular skill level.

As suggested thou, having a few friends to play with makes those tough initial games much more managable.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kraxer » September 23, 2013 2:35pm | Report
Thats my main problem I have no friends that play this, they play L.O.L or W.O.W, I tried L.O.L., but, its not as envolved and fun as dota 2, the characters are like cheap rip offs of these.

What is the best way to get friends on here?

My main issue is times I can play, I still work, and I have stage 4 cancer and between work and my chemo and other medical stuff, I really have no set schedule, so that might be a issue with people. and make it harder to get people to play with.

anyway, thanks All, for the advice.

And I know I need to learn all the characters to learn what they do, but is it better to sick with 1 or 2 hero's to be as good as you can get, or play randmon and be able to play them, all, So for I love Witch Doctor, Windrunner, OmniKnight, and Shadow Shaman, and Drow, and Zeus, Is this enough, or to many to keep playing?

Kraxer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 24, 2013 7:28am | Report
The best advice on that is to join the Dotafire guild - there's generally people online who might want to play at most times...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by whitenun » September 26, 2013 8:30am | Report
They can report you all day but there will be no effect. Intentional feeding is when you intentionally run through their towers at lvl 1 and just keep doing it or something similar. Valve doesn't ban "bad" players, esp when said player has 2 games under their belt. Pretty sure my first 5 games were in the range of 4-20-1 (not really but it felt like it) and I never got shoved to low priority.

Just ignore them and keep playing and keep trying. You can't get better if you don't play!

whitenun

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved