Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Microing Units

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Microing Units 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lettara » May 24, 2012 7:18pm | Report
I'm trying to find the best way to micro multiple units (PL's illusions, Spirit Bear, etc.). After watching an EG.Universe replay in which he played Lone Druid, I saw that he was (without targeting his bear) calling it in to attack a target while his hero remained stationary. I saw another pro match where someone who microing Lycan's Wolves individually without targeting them.

I'm aware of the 'Unified Unit Orders' option in the interface menu; this is not that. His hero and courier remained stationary while his summoned units went where he clicked. I presume that he was clicking using a modifier (holding shift + right click to move his summoned units).

How did he do it?

Lettara

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kirbyruled » June 9, 2012 1:14am | Report
edit: oops overzealous fail response, no clue how he did it :/
My Hero Guides:
Necrolyte

kirbyruled

Notable (16)
Steam: kirbyruled
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DarkHorse66 » January 2, 2013 5:52pm | Report
I randomed and got Lone Druid earlier today and would definitely like any tips for micro/ unit management. I think part of it is setting up the proper binds (which I could probably use help with too).

DarkHorse66

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 3, 2013 3:48am | Report
I use "Control Group Tab" or whatever it is called. I put it on my SPACE button.

For example, let's say Lone Druid. If you control Lone Druid, you press SPACE to switch to the bear, then you press SPACE to switch back to Lone Druid and so on.

This goes for Phantom Lancer as well, switch from him to all the illusions, ( sometimes you'll have to select all the illusions so they'll create a group you can switch to ) then from the illusions back to him.

That's what I use and it works fine for me
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by connor4893 » January 3, 2013 3:13pm | Report
If you press F1, you will select and target your hero, allowing you to move them around as you would expect. Push F2 and you will get all your secondary units (illusions, summons, pets, etc.). Holding control then issuing orders will control all your units together, regardless of what unit is selected.

Let me know if this helps. I know this doesn't completely answer your question, as I don't know the exact answer. I will do some homework on it and get back to you.

connor4893

Notable (2)
Steam: Shame Spirit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » January 4, 2013 1:55pm | Report
Or... you guys can just do this

Ctrl+1: Hero
Ctrl+2: Wolves
Ctrl+3: Hero+Wolves
Ctrl+4: Courier

This way you have options to how you want to move your groups and even if the wolves go away, when you resummon them they'll be on the same group as before which is a godsend for micro-heroes

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » January 4, 2013 5:00pm | Report
It's the 'Contol Group 1-10' option. If you press Ctrl+(what you set as hotkey) while a group is selected, then everytime you press that button, you control the group you had selected.

For example, my hotkeys are 1-9. I select Bestmaster's hawk alone. I press Ctrl+1. Now, whenever I press 1, I automatically select Beastmaster's hawk.

daPhongster

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved