Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lifestealer: Why jungle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Lifestealer: Why jungle? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Onin » September 13, 2013 11:17am | Report
If a hero is solo vs two other heroes they will get levels a lot faster and possibly more gold as well. If LS goes jungle it should mean that your team has two level 6s when the other team has one. This should lead to an early gank advantage.

Jungling is a very good tactic because it should increase the gold and exp the entire team is getting early on.

Onin

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shootaline » October 1, 2013 2:17am | Report
I don't doubt a LS in lane is better for advanced players but i agree with Onin. When I play you're lucky if you have a support in your team. And yo're incredible lucky if that support put wards, harass and dont steal last hits.

i'm a noob player (lvl13) and i have two questions about LS junglin style:

- why do you let alone a partner in bot (radiant) or top (dire)? I think it's better let soloin' in the other lane a heroe who can manage a 1 vs 2. because if this heroe lose his tower you have "only" lost the lesser important tower. so this way you are "sure" your tower near your jungle stands so many time as it's possible.

The other: what heroes can manage 1vs2? Broodmother can do it but I think pickin' BM and junglin LS probably means losing your early game. If a heroe can manage a 1vs2 and survive I think depends on what enemy heroes you have in lane but I think a Lion could do it well cause he's a good spam stunner and he's ranged heroe too. Maybe a huskar (ranged, self healer, good damage in early), pudgr (auto deny, can hook a enemy to his tower range), weaver (invisibility) or dazzle (survival) are posible picks.

Ty in advice. gl&hf.

shootaline

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by El_Alabe » October 1, 2013 2:29am | Report
Well depends if you have a good off-laner (darkseer, windrunner broodmather) you can send him in the hard lane, if you have sameone who is forced to play solo cause you're jungling may be is better if he go safe lane, as it will be easier for him to stay alive, and you can help him faster if needed

El_Alabe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » October 1, 2013 3:03am | Report
shootaline wrote:

I don't doubt a LS in lane is better for advanced players but i agree with Onin. When I play you're lucky if you have a support in your team. And yo're incredible lucky if that support put wards, harass and dont steal last hits.

i'm a noob player (lvl13) and i have two questions about LS junglin style:

- why do you let alone a partner in bot (radiant) or top (dire)? I think it's better let soloin' in the other lane a heroe who can manage a 1 vs 2. because if this heroe lose his tower you have "only" lost the lesser important tower. so this way you are "sure" your tower near your jungle stands so many time as it's possible.

The other: what heroes can manage 1vs2? Broodmother can do it but I think pickin' BM and junglin LS probably means losing your early game. If a heroe can manage a 1vs2 and survive I think depends on what enemy heroes you have in lane but I think a Lion could do it well cause he's a good spam stunner and he's ranged heroe too. Maybe a huskar (ranged, self healer, good damage in early), pudgr (auto deny, can hook a enemy to his tower range), weaver (invisibility) or dazzle (survival) are posible picks.

Ty in advice. gl&hf.

First: The heroes who solo safe are commonly hard carries, because of the common competitive setup. Since everyone runs trilanes there, whoever the hard carry faces is alone (because whoever he is facing is the offlaner) so he can efficiently and safely farm. He will do this while 2 supports, which were supposed to run a trilane with him, roams or jungles via pulling and stacking. Anyway, this way the team can have three high level heroes (the solo mid, the offlaner, the hard carry) while having 2 supports who lack levels and gold, which doesn't really matter because supports generally don't get those that much anyway, and they can still get enough by the jungling and roaming.

Second: A lot of heroes can. You should research about offlaners in general, but remember that the reason you would offlane is to gain advantage against a trilane, so it's supposed to be "heroes that can survive 1v3".

For the heroes you mentioned:
Lion shouldn't be an offlaner because he's played as a had support and won't benefit much.
Huskar is a bad hero in the offlane in general. He would get crushed by a trilane.
Pudge is not played in the offlane, he needs the gold and he won't get it there.
Weaver is a very good offlaner.
Dazzle shouldn't be played as an offlaner for the same reason as Lion.

There are many, many offlaners out there. They are heroes who can use the solo EXP well, can stay safe and to a degree can harass.

Some examples are Lich, Razor, Bounty Hunter, Magnus, Batrider, Dark Seer, and many more.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved