Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Invoker starting items?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Invoker starting items? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » June 25, 2015 3:03pm | Report
Invoker has quite a lot of in built regen with Quas, so a set of tangoes is usually enough for regen in lane. I cant figure out what else should I get - Null Talisman gives me stats and damage, while a Blades of Attack also gives damage and builds into Phase Boots (no extra stats though). I believe Ring of Basilius is another option with pooled tangoes but I cant tell which scenario its useful for.
Also, is it right to say that Invoker NEEDS some damage boost right of the bat to fix his lolworthy base damage? Are there any other good starting items on him?

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 25, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Null Talisman + Tango for Quas- Exort
Blades of Attack + Iron Branch + Iron Branch + Tango (Shared) + Tango (Shared) for Quas- Wex

Ring of Basilius for the ultra push Invoker with Necronomicon.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » June 25, 2015 3:38pm | Report

Thanks for the quick reply.

One thing I'm curious about however is that what's wrong if I run Null+Tango on Quas-Wex Invo or the Blades of Attack build on QE Invo?

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DeoAquae » June 26, 2015 4:08am | Report
Game is hard....Invoker is hard.
DeoAquae

DeoAquae

Steam: DeoAquae
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 26, 2015 12:18pm | Report
Bl1tzKri3eg wrote:

One thing I'm curious about however is that what's wrong if I run Null+Tango on Quas-Wex Invo or the Blades of Attack build on QE Invo?

Typically, as a Quas- Exort Invoker, you don't need to be able to chase and your low Damage is solved with levels in Exort. Hence, you would normally hold out until you get your Boots of Travel, as being able to TP around the map allows you to Split-Push further from your own Towers.

There's nothing "wrong" with getting Null Talisman + Iron Branch + Iron Branch + 2 Tangoes on Quas- Wex Invo. It just means you need roughly 8 extra Last Hits to Farm your Phase Boots (factoring in Gold over time), delaying them by about a minute / a minute and a half. It's up to you if the Stats are worth that delay or not.
TheSofa wrote:

Ring of Basilius for the ultra push Invoker with Necronomicon.

Giving armour to your Forge Spirits and necronimon Creeps is nice, but bear in mind this only works if you're Pushing with them. If you're leaving the Spirits and Necroes behind to Split-Push while you Push another Tower / Farm another Lane, there's not much point in Basilius that game.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved