Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How long are you a noob for?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How long are you a noob for? 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Volpe » May 20, 2013 4:35am | Report
to some people in MOBA games community, making single mistake = "noob"

NINJA TEXT!

<---

Volpe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » May 24, 2013 1:04am | Report
Volpe wrote:

to some people in MOBA games community, making single mistake = "noob"

This doesn't only apply to MOBA games my friend. You will find this on any multiplayer online game ever.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bawheidbob » May 26, 2013 4:43am | Report
Honestly I think I will always be a n00b after watching my first 'pro' games today :)
TFIGEGKTB

Bawheidbob

Steam: Bawheidbob
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawzy » June 1, 2013 11:20am | Report
Bawheidbob wrote:

Honestly I think I will always be a n00b after watching my first 'pro' games today :)

Hence why the main question is subjective. Relative to a pro, we are all noobs. Relative to the guy who started playing yesterday, we are not noobs.

jawzy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » June 2, 2013 4:03pm | Report
Quoted:
You are a noob if in a given situation you do not know what to do or what something is

So when a pro team pulls out a weird strat and the other team doesn't stop it, does that make them noob? They've not known how to react to a certain situation.

Being noob is subjective. I've played in pub games where I've wiped the floor on my own while my team couldn't get any decent last hits. Those guys were amazed at my skill level. However, I know from experience, I'm not going to be playing in TI4.

The term noob either refers to a new player, or an idiot. Best moment recently being called a noob was when another player had died 12 times in the first 15 minutes (no joke) who then told me I need to summon a bear for lone druid (is that an exciting bit of tactical info? playing lone druid I should have the bear out)
The whole point of that is this. A Noob in my mind is a jerk who doesn't want to get better. <--These are the players everyone hates.
A brand new player (I've got a guy on my friends list with 10 losses and 3 wins now) who wants to learn the game. He still feeds, picks bad skill builds and doesn't lh. But he is learning and taking what I tell him on board.

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Saryu » June 20, 2013 4:59pm | Report
i have been playing dota for 10 years now. I have been a noob for most 9 years of it. I was only playing in the pub, thinking myself as a pro but doesn't even know anything about warding. Been recruited into a clan a year ago, been playing and learning support, been learning to play as a team, been learning to make better decisions, been learning how to draft, been learning to be patient, been learning to analyze everyone mistakes including my own, and most importantly been learning how to win.

I have been matched up against Jeyo once, EG Bdiz twice, team dignitas once, team Fnatic RC NA once, Liquid ix.mike once and Liquid` Korok once. From all of the matches, they always taught me indirectly how inexperienced and bad I am. Although I'm sure that I'm no longer a noob, I will only call myself as adequate player. I completely despise someone that consider themselves as a pro while not playing in a team and not making a living out of it.

Saryu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved