Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi, new to MOBA, new to DOTA 2. Random or focus on one hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hi, new to MOBA, new to DOTA 2. Random or focus on one hero? 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » May 22, 2012 12:34pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Also, try support heroes, not carries.

I very much agree with this, support heroes are easier to play as a beginner because they have high skill damage, usually range, and can just stay back safely while fighting/harassing other heroes, and only have to really worry about helping the team instead of leading it.

Some heroes I like and would recommend are Lich, Lion, Shadow Shaman.
I would also recommend trying Dazzle since you said that you like Witch Doctor.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kirbyruled » June 9, 2012 1:15am | Report
I wouldn't recommend Random until you've tried most everything at least once, the risk of getting heroes like Chen/Enchantress/Invoker that you may not be prepared to use at all is something to consider.
My Hero Guides:
Necrolyte

kirbyruled

Notable (16)
Steam: kirbyruled
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by supernothing » June 21, 2012 6:21pm | Report
hey guys!

i'm back. didn't notice that my post has attracted many replies. after more than a month playing, i am pretty familiar with the game now. i find myself very useful whenever i roll support, lion and shadow shaman are obviously very annoying. sometime the opposing team even focus on me rather than the team carries :)

i am now rolling towards what the team needs rather than rolling what i am familiar with. if i wanna random, i make sure i am the first one to do so. so the team can compliment the other slots :)

thank you for your replies :)

supernothing

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved