Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help on Hero Selection

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help on Hero Selection 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 4, 2014 3:25am | Report
if you dont 1shot people with your junada yet, you could try to just go for the jinada hit while shadowwalked and THEN track them ...it gives them even less reaction time and disables Blink Daggers before the opponent can react.

If you are really confident in your burst you can even save your Track for right just before they die. If you have to chase a hero for a while though, cast it fairly early, as it gives a nice MS boost.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Typhonus » February 4, 2014 5:01am | Report
Thanks for the responses... I'm assuming then the Bonus Damage from Shadow Walk adds onto the Crit from Jinada, or vice-versa...

Typhonus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 4, 2014 7:58am | Report
Typhonus wrote:

Thanks for the responses... I'm assuming then the Bonus Damage from Shadow Walk adds onto the Crit from Jinada, or vice-versa...

yes it does, you can also use a trick where you hit the enemy while you are still in the fade time so you get the bonus damage from shadow walk twice. becouse attacking in fade time doesnt break invis.
i think its only possible with level 1 and 2, 2 being a bit harder becouse of the shorter fade time.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Typhonus » February 10, 2014 5:33am | Report
Will have to give that a go and see if that works. Would be mean more harass for the enemy Hero's :)

Saw something quite different the other day. Was on the top lane for Radiant, as BH and had a PA with me. We came up against a lone Weaver which meant the missing enemy Hero was Clinkz. He came out of hiding at lvl 7 when PA and I were only lvl 4/5. I'm assuming he was jungling like mad.

Question here is, is it advised to allow a BH to jungle from lvl 1... or does he not have the necessary skill set to do that and can this be compensated with a few different start off items.

Oh and once Weaver (also lvl 7 as he didn't compete for XP and Gold) joined Clinkz, we lost the tower as they were level ahead.

Regards

Typhonus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 10, 2014 5:18pm | Report
Bounty hunter cant jungle becouse creeps are quite strong in dota. You either need minions, chen enchantress enigma, AOE spells, batrider axe darkseer. Or lifesteal, lifestealer bloodseeker. Although the last 2 are not reccomended becouse they cant support.

So the clinkz wasnt jungling.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 11, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Is it possible he was just using his Invis to hide and was there in the Lane the whole time?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 16, 2014 4:18pm | Report
PA can actually get last hits pretty well with use of her dagger ability. Overall its a cheap/safe way to get last hits.

I would say try Jugg. Cause even if you fall behind on him and a semi carry has to take over; he can still be of use with his healing ward.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WeZin » May 4, 2014 2:49pm | Report
im a new player 60 hours of palyin and when i picked troll warlord my score was 12 kills 2 deaths 12 assists he can be both melee and range,movement is not a problem.When you go melee or range you have separate W attack
Char is awesome :D

WeZin

Steam: WeZin13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 7, 2014 9:24pm | Report
I think Axe or abbadon are excellent starting melee heroes, abbadon lives forever and can just shield himself and tank all the nukes. Axe is just really tanky, just rush a blink, blink in and Q on the enemy and they will die, also can easily lvl 1 jungle. so yah, play Axe
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved