Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Getting better in general

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Getting better in general 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bigfatmeany » March 6, 2013 8:40pm | Report
Iv been playing for a while now, trying to find a character I really like to play. Iv stumbled upon Tusk and I love him. I try to stick with characters that will support a jug well, and he seems to be one.I also play Shadow Shaman, but it seems that no matter who I play I just get killed way to much in general. Are there any tips or anything that can help me improve on both of these characters, or just improve in general?
I can upload matches of each later, not much time atm plus steam keeps crashing on me :l.
TY for all help
~BFM

Bigfatmeany

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » March 6, 2013 11:25pm | Report
Tusk is an excellent Support and Ganker, especially with his Ice Shards which when placed well can have excellent synergy early game with Juggernaut. Tusk's Ultimate is, regardless of its damage, an excellent way to slow an enemy for more damage under Blade Fury as well as his Ice slow move which I can't remember the name of right now.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Col3yf » March 7, 2013 6:24am | Report
As playing a support sometimes it's better for you to die then the carry. I have let myself dye to save the carry countless times.

Col3yf

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » March 8, 2013 9:32am | Report
If you are new to Dota just play more defensively and look more at minimap. If you see some1 is missing come closer to your tower, cause he may be just behind tree next to you.

And don't let creeps or players auto attack you. If you see that you have less than 1/2 hp or even 3/4 you must start being very careful cause you will probably die during 1 stun.

This ofc is about laning phase, during mid-late game just stay with your team or when you have to go place ward or do something else ask team mates to go with you, cause playing solo is leaving you (and probably your team) defenceless.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved