Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best/easiest hero(es) to learn mid?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Best/easiest hero(es) to learn mid? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » June 8, 2015 2:03pm | Report
Considering I haven't played much other than a safe lane support, I really want to improve my mid gameplay. So far I've had some limited success with Lina, Skywrath Mage and QoP but I still get rekt by any good mid player. I was wondering if there's any hero that has good match-ups against common mids or just a strong laser in general so I can learn the ins and outs of being a mid player.
Any advice such as when to gank/stack camps is appreciated as well :)

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » June 9, 2015 11:52am | Report
bump. Still waiting :|

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » June 9, 2015 11:59am | Report
I assume you can last hit and deny pretty nicely by now?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » June 9, 2015 12:24pm | Report
There are some basic to learn mid:
Harass, last hit n deny, rune control, map awareness and ganks (this includes gank from both side)

I would recommend you the Sniper, who you can learn last hit/deny and harass, which can help you win lane in pub easily as there are little roamer in pub, with his long range attack you should be able to safe camp under tower, and try not to push lane unless you want to gain rune control (push the lane to their tower before going for rune).

When you are ready you can move on to QoP, storm, invoker (he is actually quite easy to learn, just don't panic). If you are confident, you can try puck, which you need good reflex in order to play the hero properly.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » June 9, 2015 1:24pm | Report
Personally i wouldnt really reccomend sniper, since he is one of the most passive heroes, and you just contest farm, and you can learn that with a lot of heroes.

I reccomend Dragon Knight.
He is decent in lane, he doest dominte nor lose out hard, so you wont get used only dominating or weaker laning mids.
You learn to contest lasthits and use your AOE farming skill, which a lot of mids have, you are strong for the entire game, you can push early, but still be very strong lategame, you can gank a bit. You dont have to sit and farm mid to get an item like a brew for example has too.
A lot of aspects of playing mid come to the table with him.

Queen of pain is also a good one, a bit harder since she is a lane dominator and more gank and teamfight oriented, but playing that hero is also very varied.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 9, 2015 1:48pm | Report
If you're looking to improve your Laning, then this should be your first stop:-

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/full-dense-goos-guide-to-mid-lane-now-with-over-70-pictures-11850

Beyond that, you just need to practise and play games. How to play out your matchup can depend not just on the Hero you Picked and will face of against, but also on Team Composition, individual playstyle and advantages gained as the match goes on, e.g. if a Mid gets First Bounty Rune, First Blood, etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » June 9, 2015 2:14pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

If you're looking to improve your Laning, then this should be your first stop:-

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/full-dense-goos-guide-to-mid-lane-now-with-over-70-pictures-11850

This. It's an awesome guide. Check it out.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 9, 2015 2:43pm | Report
A good hero to learn mid is probably DK like Timm said, he has low damage and requires you to be able to manage your mana and control the creeps well to do well, as well as when to push the lane to grab the runes. Also getting bullied in lane is also possible, so he can also teach you how to Bottle Crow.

Puck is also a recommendation, lots of judgment calls and bottle usage there, with importance of his orb and phase shift.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » June 14, 2015 12:06pm | Report
Any hero - just play mid!
Typical lane dominators however, in increasing difficulty: Viper, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Templar Assassin.
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved