Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Agility heros: Dmg vs Agility

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Agility heros: Dmg vs Agility 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Puckin Fissed » September 29, 2013 12:30pm | Report
I wouldnt call myself "new" exactly but close enough... I have been wondering why all the builds for agility heros seem to suggest getting damage based items. I dont understand why you would get damage over agility when agility heros clearly get damage, armor, and attack speed all from agility. So am i missing something? or are the builds just wrong?

Puckin Fissed

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 29, 2013 3:14pm | Report
The builds aren't wrong, it's just that most agility carries need various other things first as they tend to lack HP to survive the early-mid game magic damage - hence why Black King Bar is pretty popular. Lifesteal goes a long way. Going straight for an agility heavy item tends to leave you as a bit of glass cannon.

There's also not that many options - Diffusal Blade is pretty popular on the right heroes, Yasha into Manta Style etc. Butterfly is very much late game, and Ethereal Blade is very situational. Ring of Aquila is pretty handy if you need some extra mana, but is a fairly cheap item.

It also depends on the passives they have - e.g. Phantom Assassin wants to stack damage in the hope of big crits, and straight damage items tend to offer more "bang per buck". Basically agility isn't worth that much early game, but becomes very important later.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 29, 2013 3:16pm | Report
Agility heroes generally have a high agility growth, so you don't have to invest a lot in agility items to have a good amount of attack speed and armor. Building damage is the better choice here, since your attack speed is already quite high and agility items are quite expensive for what they give.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Puckin Fissed » September 29, 2013 4:20pm | Report
Alright i guess i didnt think of it as a bang per buck perspective...but for phantom assassin does the damage added from agility items add to the critical chance damage? or is that just for straight damage

Puckin Fissed

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » September 30, 2013 5:19am | Report

Alright i guess i didnt think of it as a bang per buck perspective...but for phantom assassin does the damage added from agility items add to the critical chance damage? or is that just for straight damage

It adds to the crit damage.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 30, 2013 6:45am | Report
Yeah, in fact there are generally more things that stack with base damage/primary stat than with other stuff - e.g. Vengeance Aura and Enchant Totem
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » September 30, 2013 8:09am | Report
Daedalus and Butterfly on all the heroes.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved