Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Whats Your MMR?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Whats Your MMR? 38 posts - page 1 of 4

Poll Question:

So, Whats your MMR SCRUB >: D
U WoT m8?
Wont answer u scrub!!ITS BETTER THAN YOURS
SEE MY MMR GLORY AND WEEP XD
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 1, 2015 2:59pm | Report
Simple and calm discussion to display your chauvinism. Yeah we know MMR is broke but who the hell cares? Education system in US is broke but who the hell cares?

Moving on......

Player name: xxxBOOTYSLAYERxxx (thats me)
Calibrated : 3.6k
Current : 500 ( you read it right. 500. You know why)

Post your dotabuff if you have one.

So which one of yours has the bigger one? (all puns intended)
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 1, 2015 3:08pm | Report
Player name: Hades4u
Calibrated: 4400
Current: 4800 ( I'm not playing ranked anymore at all)
Smurf MMR: ~6100

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/55410733

I mostly play scrims or fun lobbies, not too much matchmaking :P
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 1, 2015 3:12pm | Report
main : calibrated : 1.3K
Current : 2.6K

Smurf : calibrated :3.8K
current : 3.3K ;_;

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 1, 2015 5:14pm | Report
Calibrated: (not sure) ~ 1.8k
Current: 2.2k

Don't really play a lot of ranked though. At 3+ k parties I notice a difference in skill, but it's not a huge difference. If I played ranked more seriously (or at all) I'd probably go to 3k soon.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » March 1, 2015 6:10pm | Report
Calibrated: 4.4
Current 4.5

Moving up fast!

I really don't play ranked very often. Often times I want to play defensive heroes (Like EShaker, Aba, SD, etc...) and they don't always fit in our line up. Lately I've been playing a lot of Chen and he doesn't fit with most teams, and he needs too much coordination to pull off with players that you don't know.

I just play for fun at this point. MMR doesn't mean much to me. ^_^

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/58253990

Edit: Also, I like this thread and your attitude towards MMR. People get SO hung up on such a broken rating system. Just play your hero and have fun. Don't be shy about your low MMR. I know I'm much better than 4.5k, but I'm not going to ashamed to post what my stats are. I've played with 6k players that are absolute garbage. On the other hand, I've seen 4k play like they're 6k.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » March 1, 2015 8:00pm | Report
Calibrated 1.8k

Current 2.1k ( ithink? might be just below 2.1k )

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » March 1, 2015 9:49pm | Report

Edit: Also, I like this thread and your attitude towards MMR. People get SO hung up on such a broken rating system. Just play your hero and have fun. Don't be shy about your low MMR. I know I'm much better than 4.5k, but I'm not going to ashamed to post what my stats are. I've played with 6k players that are absolute garbage. On the other hand, I've seen 4k play like they're 6k.

I completely agree in principle, but since the matchmaking system also keeps track of Unranked MMR, it does have an impact on how enjoyable the game is for me when I queue solo. My current solo Ranked MMR is 1,8k, my Unranked should be about the same. While I have no illusions about my skill level, I do feel that I am quite ahead of the majority of players in my bracket (I'm sure Bunkan would say the same about himself). Most players in my tier (independent of whether they're on my team) do not know:

- why you should not auto-attack the creeps 24/7
- which hero can fill which role
- how many Carries a team needs
- that most Carries at many points need to farm, even if their team fights
- that most Carries need to FARM, which means not taking their last hits

That's not even talking about "advanced" things such as taking objectives after you wiped the enemy team. I feel that most heroes I like playing (usually strong laners and aggressive early to mid game heroes) have small to no impact. As an example: I love playing Undying and had games where I went something like 5-0 in the first 10 minutes. Yes, that was fun. But Dota is a team game and it's absolutely frustrating when your team does not seize (or even realize that you have created) an advantage beyond putting 5 kills on the board, even if suggest to them what to do.

Edit: By the way, I'm not griefing about the matchmaking system in general, I think it's the best solution to the problem of "how do we get 10 million players to enjoy the game as much as possible". I'm just saying, its not always as easy as "play whatever you want and have fun".

Edit2: Also, from personal experience, not too few people I get matched with define fun as "kill as many heroes as possible", which is not really compatible with my understanding of how Dota can be fun. ;)

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » March 1, 2015 9:51pm | Report
Because I am a guy the correct answer is:

Bigger than any of yours but I haven't exactly measured it.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 2, 2015 7:00am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Ez +rep
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 2, 2015 8:17am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

You havent SEEN most of ours. How can you say yours is BIGGER?

Ah, the male preoccupation with size of things.
apologies
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved