Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What happens if...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What happens if... 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sugarhill_gank » February 18, 2016 12:46pm | Report
Hey ladies,

in my previous game I took the initial rune as Slark and my team's OD got so upset that he followed me for the complete match (without a break), spamming Astral Imprisonment at me for 36 minutes (until we had lost) and flaming. I just ignored him because I didn't want to feed the troll.

Is there some sort of mechanism which punishes intentional ability abuse automatically? :) I really hope so.

cheers,
Sugarhill_Gank

sugarhill_gank

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 18, 2016 12:48pm | Report
Yes, you could have reported him in the game for intentional ability abuse. It doesn't do it automatically.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » February 18, 2016 12:53pm | Report
and you can disable help at the upper left corner, so that he cant do it

Sinured

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sugarhill_gank » February 18, 2016 1:03pm | Report
Thx for your advice Sinured, didn't know about that.

I thought I'd read on reddit sth about automatical ways of punishment for some sort of behavior.

sugarhill_gank

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 18, 2016 1:24pm | Report
Even better than reporting him, explain clearly in all chat what the guy has been doing and ask *everyone* to report him. Most people hate that kind of thing and don't hesitate to report it.

That's what I do everytime I get trolled in ranked. +9 reports in a single match, get rekt.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sugarhill_gank » February 18, 2016 1:35pm | Report
Well, it was unranked but still annoying. I didn't even need to explain it because it was so obvious :-) I didn't react to him at all because I didn't want to pay any attention to him. I think this way it was most frustrating for him.

sugarhill_gank

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » February 18, 2016 1:40pm | Report
Everyone has said what needs to be said, but in retrospect, do you think taking that rune as a safe lane slark is a good idea? That initial exp boost might have helped your OD win his mid lane. There's a reason competitive players usually give the 0 minute rune to the mid player. It really helps them get an advantage over the enemy mid, which is usually the tempo controlling lane.

In future, leave the runes to the mid player if he wants them. He can put runes to much better use than a passive farming core.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 18, 2016 2:00pm | Report

Everyone has said what needs to be said, but in retrospect, do you think taking that rune as a safe lane slark is a good idea? That initial exp boost might have helped your OD win his mid lane. There's a reason competitive players usually give the 0 minute rune to the mid player. It really helps them get an advantage over the enemy mid, which is usually the tempo controlling lane.

In future, leave the runes to the mid player if he wants them. He can put runes to much better use than a passive farming core.

Not necessarily. Most of the time mid gets more out of that, but sometimes you want to get a lane item ASAP for your safelane, i.e Magic Wand VS BB or Bat, Basilius for pushing strats etc. Unless you are a hero who needs a fast lvl 2 like QoP, Storm or SF, there's really no desperate need in that rune. Exp is also worth much more in safelane than offlane, and certain carry heroes benefit from a fast lvl 2 as well, for example Ember Spirit, Ursa or Slark - which he played.

It's hard to tell from just 2 heroes, but Slark gets more benefit from as fast lvl 2 than OD, so why not take the rune if you can? Also don't forget it;s a pub where you can trust nobody so if you believe a rune is what you need to get a necessary edge - go for it, it belongs to nobody until someone has picked it up.

Lastly, if you intentionally ruin the game when you are denied a rune, you are ****ing ******ed and should kill yourself, no kappa.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sugarhill_gank » February 18, 2016 2:05pm | Report
Thing is, I randomed Slark and wanted to press the advantage I already had. :) Maybe it wasn't that clever, I can't really tell...
I always thought that either mid or the carry should take the rune - and if he'd asked for the rune (it was not contested), I would've given the rune to him.

Edit:

This is what I was referring to in my first post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/33k7ji/do_intentional_feeding_and_ability_abuse_reports/

sugarhill_gank

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 18, 2016 2:16pm | Report
That really depends on who you were against and who od was against. But even regardless of the matchups, OD acted like a total dumbass and is exclusively the one who should be punished.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved