Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Valve needs to step it up.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Valve needs to step it up. 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » February 15, 2015 5:19pm | Report
Those leaked slides aren't L4D3, they're renders of L4D2 levels in Source 2.

And I'm pretty sure you don't need the Arcana to play the event. But it helps winning it.

Does anybody else honestly just not care enough? Because I really do prefer normal all pick and cm to these crazy events.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » February 15, 2015 11:19pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

THIS GUYS BACK !!!

Funniest **** Ever. Anyway, they ARE making you buy items to win the games. How are you supposed to win a event based around using points to control the game when the only way to make a good armour of points is to directly buy them or get a 27 - 34$ arcana. Then if you win the game you get a set which you can't trade so if you don't play that hero, well, sucks for you. Also it is not a constant event it happens "once in a while" so you cannot just keep playing it over and over to get valueless sets. even when they do have Year Beasts out, the servers are sucky and you can't find match or you get **** ton of lag. Only good thing this update was Winter Wyvern. Next event they are gonna be like:

"Welcome to the New Bloom Event!" Buy your favorite heroes at a low price of 99.95$ each! To get in match items, trade in your old dirty Arcanas! also only 19.99$ for an amazing extra 2 bonus damage!
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 16, 2015 2:00am | Report
I agree the 10 minute window thing sucks, I'm basically never going to get to play this event. TBH not really that bothered, the only event I really liked was the Wraith Night one - woulda been great to introduce friends new to Dota via that.

As for the Arcana ones...don't need to give people any more excuses for playing weird in normal modes...don't buy that over priced stuff.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » February 16, 2015 2:05am | Report
Sando wrote:

I agree the 10 minute window thing sucks, I'm basically never going to get to play this event. TBH not really that bothered, the only event I really liked was the Wraith Night one - woulda been great to introduce friends new to Dota via that.

As for the Arcana ones...don't need to give people any more excuses for playing weird in normal modes...don't buy that over priced stuff.

Well IMO I think most people is just after the Increased Item Drop Rate instead of the Arcana....

That's just me

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 16, 2015 2:07am | Report
pay to win? wot.

the only thing they should fix is the servers. also: giff jungle stalker

-createhero jungle
^just try it guys its awesome
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » February 16, 2015 2:42am | Report
I don't like the idea of the event, so if i am on during the 10 minute window i go and make a cuppa. Then a queue when the window is closed.

I'm OK with this.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 16, 2015 2:49am | Report
After the increased drop rate? Isnt the droprate increased in normal games? And when you win year best you get a set 100%?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 16, 2015 2:49am | Report
I got immortal Lycan wolf HUEAHUEHEUEHUE

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 16, 2015 2:54am | Report
anyways:

i waited FREAKING 58 MINUTES FOR THE BRAWL

then when i search game.. DOTA 2 NETWORK CRASHE!!!!!

VOOOOLVOOOOOOOOO
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » February 16, 2015 2:57am | Report
I bought the arcana because I really wanted it, I mean, with this event you definitely don't need the arcana, I mean sure, it gives you more ability points so you can make your beast stronger, but everyone on your team works together to make the beast powerful, so you don't really need 20k points on every person, it also matters how well your team is playing, and the arcana isn't going to affect this. The PA event obviously did require the arcana, but the cm arcana is optional, and it only really gives you a bonus 100 points or something for each match you win. I have played a couple of games of year beast brawl, and i can say for sure that if your team isn't playing well, you're gonna lose anyway, not just because the enemy team have bought some crummy upgrades. Personally, I think the game mode is kinda weird, but it's fun in it's own way, you get bonus points of different amounts every day, so you can still end up with 8k points even if you haven't earned or bought any yet. The game isn't all about the beast, since the beast can't do anything on it's own even if you have spent 50k points on it, there is still teamplay involved and if you manage to wipe out the enemy team with a well executed team fight chances are that the beast wasn't much to do with it.
There literally isn't any reason to buy the arcana in my opinion other than if you want it, and if you're buying it just to get points you may as well just buy the point pack that are sold.

I think the random events and 10 minute window idea is terrible though.

Just my thoughts on this.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved