Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The worst game you have ever played?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The worst game you have ever played? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » December 4, 2015 11:29pm | Report
So, I today I played a game with a Sniper in my team, actually, there was a Morphling, a Chaos Knight and a Tidehunter and I was a Vengeful Spirit, so, 1 support and the rest you know, YOLO. I spent the whole game buying wards and support items, Urn of Shadows, Medallion of Courage and the mana boots. The game ended in the minute 50, the Sniper in my team had a 3/20/0 KDA ratio, and it only had a Mask of Madness, a PMS and surprise surprise, a Urn of Shadows too. But, the worst was, that Tidehunter also made a Urn of Shadows. Both of the said that they needed "life regen". It was completly useless my opinion that I can use my urn on them. I'm done playing for today, to many stress isn't good.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » December 5, 2015 12:43am | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1678610281

94 minute game against Naga Siren. We don't have a way to counterpush, and only one of us had a low cooldown way to kill the illusions. Basically every wave they chipped like ~90 health from the tower. Couldn't splitpush because Storm Spirit was still OP, and there was Lion and Lian following him everywhere. We all kind of blamed the Techies picker on our team for that one, he made the game much longer but he could not make us win at all.

And this all could've been avoided if we got off the ganks successful and Storm didn't create enough space for naga to get a 17 minute Radiance.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 5, 2015 1:23am | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/976198000

Don't know about absolute worst, but this one was probably the most frustrating to lose. Megacreeps ~35 mins in are real.

nice
work
team

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 5, 2015 1:37am | Report
Three words : First. Pick. Io.

That ******* who first picks wisp in solo queue. Instant GG at the picking stage. Either he picks it just to troll, or just because he's an idiot, in any way he sucks.

But the game still has to last. You have to suffer playing 4 vs 5 with a guy who can't coordinate despite your best efforts to do so. Usually ends up in massive BabyRage fests, Relocate trolling, disable help and mass mute on entire team.

This is actually true at any level by the way. I remember one of Slahser's videos saying that his worst fear when playing Tiny is that one random solo queue guy ends up picking wisp.

What makes it so horrible (far, far worse that a Techies picker in your team btw) is that this guy's pick *forces* you to coordinate with him otherwise you lost. And of course it's impossible because he has no intention of doing that in the first place.

This is the stuff that makes me want to try out ChiLongQua's "how to make people abandon".
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 6, 2015 3:27pm | Report
Okay so I was feeling pretty cranky the day I played this game so I ended up playing Riki. I think i have played riki about 3 times in my life. To make matters worse one of my allies chose Techies in the same match. I reported him for putting a Riki and Techies in the same game when he said he was going to support with Dazzle. You would have thought it's be easier bc you get two for the price of one with wards?

Anyway, the point is I went 49-9 and got a rampage (im so sorry enemy team). I was doing ALL THE PUSHING as RIKI. If you'll notice tower damage its me: 6.1k and a total of 2k from the rest of my team combined. They refused to push. Would not. I tell them "Guys we are going to lose if you don't push bc this SF is gonna tear up our towers." They do nothing. I just keep getting kills and rushing around to try and get some decent tower damage off.

Fast forward to A WHOLE HOUR IN. team still does nothing. Enemy took one of our mid rax bout 20 minutes ago. I'm bottom, desprately trying to end the game, with my fairly ridiculous damage. Just as soon as I hit the first Tier 4 tower, and then I hear the last thing I wanted to: "your middle tower has been destroyed". I say oh ****. ALLIES SAY NOTHING. THEY JUST SIT THERE IN SILENCE AND LIKE 2 OF THEM HAVE MICS. CAN YOU NOT TELL ME TO TP BACK WHEN YOU SEE THEM WALTZING UP MID? I keep pushing becasue at the rate im going I can end the game before they can. but then they drop like flies. every single one dies. I try to hit the tower and kill it as fast as I can. Then I hear "Your mid tower has been destroyed". "Your Ancient is under attack". I've gotten the second tier 4 to about half. Then my enemies end it. It's over. I have 50 kills and I lost. The brewmaster sold all his itmes and made a courier ring for no reason. what is this. what is this game.

I try not to blame my team but that was ******ed.

ugh

Anyway im okay now due to a recent Slark game (30-2) which was pretty fun.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » December 7, 2015 9:07am | Report
I had a game where i was playing Io i have a 68% winrate with the hero and i feel really comfortable with him. I was playing with 5 friends and we were on skype. So it al started fine until I fed firstblood because i was taking the starting rune and my team let me alone WHILE I was telling them to stay with me because they had an Earthshaker and a Puck. So ofcourse i got stunned Puck took the rune and killed me. I was talking to them about what they did wrong and that they should listen to me if i say something like that ( I don't want to sound bossy but we where tryharding then because we were playing on faceit on a little tournament). But because they are sleightly more experienced players they didn't felt listening to me and they flamed me for just being noob. Later i was ganking top lane with our oflane Nature's Prophet. We both died because of the prophet doing a stupid sprout what blocked us so we both died to the gyrocopter. So i asked the furion why he did that stupid Sprout but he ignored and said that the reason we didn't get the kills was because i was overcharging what lead me to lose health( this shows his knowledge about wisp).

Later I went out helping my midlane pa again. So we where doing a dual mid pa io because i said during the draft that i would like to do a dual mid with io and a carry (back than dual mids where really rare and it overwhelmed the other mid so hard that he got destroyed). But when i came for the gank the ****** pa thaught we couldn't get the kill and turned back, he said "he didn't want to dive". But because he wanted that kill and i thaught he would dive the tower I ended up diving alone and I got simply cript swarmed by the Death Prophet and i died. I was really angry at that moment and i was flaming our pa because she had a pms a ring of aquila 1 level in power tread and 1 level in blur and the ****er was to afraid to dive.

I got into a conflict with my friends about their fault of not knowing how an Io worked even after playing alot of Io with them they still don't get it and. They don't get how an io can turn ganks, safe carries, gank other lanes easy and having a really strong ultimate. They just thing an Io is to stack the jungle, ward the map and give them some regen during the lane.

So the rest of the game was me getting really angry and they were telling me I can't play io and the only reason i had 68% winrate in 50 games is because i get carried (What is a pretty weak excuse cuz you aint getting carried for 68% of the games.

This was one of the most terrible games because it was a badgame for me in general and because i had a really big argue with my friends.

Now they are getting better in playing with Io so i can play him more with them.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » December 7, 2015 10:29am | Report
Am I reading the title of this thread wrong, or is it supposed to be about your worst games but all I read is about "that time when I lost because of my stupid teammates"? (even Frosto has in its signature "And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself"?!)

Seriously guys, we're always telling other people to mind their own mistakes and such but can't do it ourselves so we have a thread filled with rage, while other threads are being closed because off-topic (even art threads can be offtopic apparently?) or necros? What is happening? xD

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 7, 2015 11:25am | Report
^ Your teammates can make your game horribly miserable. On your own, you can't do that unless you're hitting your head on a brick or something.

Even if you played a game where you fed horribly, you wouldn't have strong memories of it. Humans tend to have much worse memories of other people ruining their efforts than of failing these efforts themselves. I remember games where I was completely useless but they just don't leave the same impression of misery as getting trolled or teammates selling items and babyraging all game.

Also, I always say the same thing but in a team game of 5 people, 80% of the mistakes in your team are done by your teammates not by you. Self-criticism is nice and all but this is a mathematical fact. So it's normal that 80% of the people compaining/flaming are directed towards other people not themselves.
I'm not defending flaming btw. If you're good you should be carrying your scrub team not whining about them. It's just, it's *understandable* that people blame others and not themselves, because the huge majority of mistakes that are done in a 10 people game are done by others.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » December 7, 2015 11:35am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

^ Your teammates can make your game horribly miserable. On your own, you can't do that unless you're hitting your head on a brick or something.

Even if you played a game where you fed horribly, you wouldn't have strong memories of it. Humans tend to have much worse memories of other people ruining their efforts than of failing these efforts themselves. I remember games where I was completely useless but they just don't leave the same impression of misery as getting trolled or teammates selling items and babyraging all game.

Also, I always say the same thing but in a team game of 5 people, 80% of the mistakes in your team are done by your teammates not by you. Self-criticism is nice and all but this is a mathematical fact. So it's normal that 80% of the people compaining/flaming are directed towards other people not themselves.
I'm not defending flaming btw. If you're good you should be carrying your scrub team not whining about them. It's just, it's *understandable* that people blame others and not themselves, because the huge majority of mistakes that are done in a 10 people game are done by others.

So let's babyrage ourselves... Because ofc xD

I feel this is the new trend that it's set on the site, which I find a shame. Any discussion of real interest is either shut down or ignored, so this complaints and offtopics are all that's left. But since I think the majority of people don't mind it, ok, I'm the one who will back off. Just wanted to point out this... sadness, in case other people are feeling the same but don't express themselves about it (because known reasons).

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » December 7, 2015 11:42am | Report
I don't blame my teammates when i lose a pub. But when i was playing for that tournament i wanted them to understand io but they didn't. And they said i was a bad io which i didn't apreciated because i'm really shure my io is good. That made me angry and that is the reason i found it the worst game, it's not cuz of me blaming them it's cuz them flaming me while they didn't knew what they were saying.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved