Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Supports for solo-q

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Supports for solo-q 31 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 13, 2015 3:25pm | Report
-_-

It only works in real life, since you'd be reading my comment and not hearing it. :D

Still, good effort.

CM can do things by her own, but so can Veno. I still think Veno ult > Cm ult because you can die immediately afterward and you still get the full damage.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » August 13, 2015 3:33pm | Report
Venge/lion/wd for the win. Oh and both cm and veno work in certain cases. CM is a better baby sitter, Veno's ult has a dot effect and does not need you to die. Veno can push a lot, CM has brilliance aura, etc. I think.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 13, 2015 3:34pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

CM can do things by her own, but so can Veno. I still think Veno ult > Cm ult because you can die immediately afterward and you still get the full damage.

That's true. And it can be devastating, specially if you had the time to throw in a Venomous Gale too before dying.

All in all, we gave some pretty good options of supports to go to in solo queue, I think. I would say to avoid those that require more of a high level from your team (such as Earthshaker and Mirana), but outside them there are a few good options to vary from Lion:

Vengeful Spirit, Witch Doctor, Venomancer, Crystal Maiden, Shadow Shaman, etc. What they have in common is a form of disable, and some type of teamfight contribution.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 13, 2015 3:57pm | Report
I used to spam Shadow Shaman a lot, the disables are really good, and the Wards help push. And solo-push.

Nobody has said Disruptor yet?

What about Skywrath Mage?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 13, 2015 4:04pm | Report
I'm not sure about Disruptor because I don't think he's self suficient - you have Glimpse, which is one of the best abilities in the game, but it's supposed to be used in conjunction with plays from your team in order to be effective, and the same goes for your other disables. Since we are talking about solo queue, so less strategy and teamplay (I'm assuming), I think you better go for one of the other heroes mentioned.

As for Skywrath Mage, I have no idea, since I don't play him in any position. I can see him being a very good support though, since he's so aggresive in-lane and has good teamfight contribution, if you can make that happen with the limited items support gives you.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 13, 2015 4:29pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

I'm not sure about Disruptor because I don't think he's self suficient - you have Glimpse, which is one of the best abilities in the game, but it's supposed to be used in conjunction with plays from your team in order to be effective, and the same goes for your other disables. Since we are talking about solo queue, so less strategy and teamplay (I'm assuming), I think you better go for one of the other heroes mentioned.

As for Skywrath Mage, I have no idea, since I don't play him in any position. I can see him being a very good support though, since he's so aggresive in-lane and has good teamfight contribution, if you can make that happen with the limited items support gives you.

Glimpse back into a Static Storm and Kinetic Field + Thunder srike = dead hero.

Ask SyndereN or Lumi, they will agree with me.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » August 13, 2015 4:57pm | Report
Skywrath is awesome. He only needs a dialog rework if u ask me -_-

Btw, why wasn't he picked up as a core as much as other caster heroes like lesh, qop or lina? Was it because all his abilities are for a single target? Or is it because he does his work even without the farm a core would get.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 13, 2015 5:13pm | Report

Btw, why wasn't he picked up as a core as much as other caster heroes like lesh, qop or lina? Was it because all his abilities are for a single target? Or is it because he does his work even without the farm a core would get.

Ahah he definitely needs a dialog rework, he's so annoying.

I think it's because the others have more damage output or utility in general - you have the pure damage coming out from the ladies, and the pushing possibility from Lesh. And yeah, all of those have AoE, which Sky has not. Sky is heavily countered by a BKB (or by an Eul for that matter) and (I'm not sure of this) his item choice is generally not the best considering the meta.

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 13, 2015 5:22pm | Report
But..but... Sky + Vengeful... The Sky lines...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 13, 2015 5:52pm | Report

Glimmer Cape

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved