Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spirit Breaker, why not?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Spirit Breaker, why not? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Servasky » July 3, 2013 10:38am | Report
Hello,

I cant understand why pro players dont pick Spirit Breaker. Can somebody explain it to me?

Thank you!

PD. I'm asking this because i picked him yesterday and: 5 wins, 1 lose. 101 kills 27 deaths and 54 assists ^^

Servasky

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unorc » July 3, 2013 10:55am | Report
Pro players counter him pretty easily with good map control. In pubs, wards are rare, but the pros always have em up all the time, so they always know when he's charging, and he can't do any good ganking.

Unorc

Notable (1)
Steam: UNORC
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » July 3, 2013 11:12am | Report
In my opinion the main reason why Spirit Breaker's not picked is because he can't be laned almost anywhere: of course he can't neither solo nor support if you want to play him at his full potential; he can't take the trilane carry's role either. So, there are two viable lanes for him: mid and solo safe lane (when your team is going for an aggressive trilane). In the first case Spirit Breaker will play a very passive role because, considering that he will probably fight against Queen of Pain, Puck, Spirit Breaker, Magnus etc, having no nuke or any form of crowd control is really painful; so, the team will almost be forced to either pick a Treant Protector and use his Living Armor or play a dual mid lane with a support that can occasionally switch between safe and mid lane. If you play him solo 1vs1 then it's nice, but unless you really need his charge to perform long range initiations or make a N'aix bomb (which is usually Clockwerk's job, a Hero who can also solo against a trilane) many Heroes would benefit a lot more from the solo farm.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Servasky » July 3, 2013 11:56am | Report
Thank you! Very good answers :D

Servasky

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved