Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"Why Dota Sucks" Lowell speaks out.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » "Why Dota Sucks" Lowell speaks out. 35 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 21, 2014 5:40am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

AngeloBangelo, I believe F.E.A.R was being very sarcastic when he said those things. If he was not, he might have a problem :P.

I haven't said anything rude about Dota. I play it for 7 years and no one can say to me that I dislike it. I only posted what Lowell said - thinks.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 21, 2014 5:43am | Report

When you compared this guy to Kierkegaard and Einstein, I lost it.

I love Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Camus, Sartre, etc... What did Nietzsche say about opinions?

�You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.�

So a guy doesn't like DotA and creates a book about it. Big deal. There are a lot of people that enjoy DotA, and I doubt that an E-book is going to change anyone's opinion. There have been people on the internet that have said that Chess sucks... Or Halo... Titanfall, StarCraft, Hearthstone, Call of Duty... Even children's games like Ants in the Pants. They're all fine and dandy (Especially Ants in the Pants).

Also, his thread has been read one thousand times. One thousand. Is that really what you consider influential? My coaching thread has over 10x those views, and I wouldn't consider myself influential AT ALL in the DotA community compared to others.

Basically... I'll read the book if it's free. There are no bad points of view. You can always learn from others. I doubt it will change my opinion on DotA. However if you think that some random guy with 1k views on his thread is going to crush the DotA community, I believe that you're mistaken.

(Also think twice before you compare some of the most influential people in our history to a random blogger on the internet.)

I only posted the news. Seems like you're throwing everything on me if I understood well.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 21, 2014 5:44am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Even worse, dota IS MADE INSIDE AN RTS! WHO THE **** IS THIS GUY!!!

Dunno really but I only posted the news :).

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 21, 2014 5:45am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

What even is this article?? I didn't read any of it, just the comments because to be honest I'm not interested in Michael whatshisface's article one bit, nor am I his book. This is the most stupid thing I've ever seen, it's as stupid of writing a book called "Why America Sucks" and then publishing it specifically to Americans only. I really don't understand what he is writing about, he is writing a book about "why dota sucks" because he personally doesn't like the game? I personally am not a huge fan of Hearthstone but I'm not going to go around writing some ******ed book trying to annoy every fan on the planet. If someone can give me a rough run-through of this article (because frankly, I'm not interested in giving his rubbish book the slightest bit of attention) then I would love to hear from you.

What do you want to hear from me? I only posted the news, neither am I interested in the stupid book.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 21, 2014 5:48am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

Dunno really but I only posted the news :).

None of us is talking about you fear, we mean the crazy author of the article.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 21, 2014 5:55am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

What do you want to hear from me? I only posted the news, neither am I interested in the stupid book.

I don't want to hear anything from you in particular, just wondered if someone could give me a brief overview of what he actually wrote/meant in that article.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 21, 2014 6:03am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

I haven't said anything rude about Dota. I play it for 7 years and no one can say to me that I dislike it. I only posted what Lowell said - thinks.

Haha, I was just joking about the 'problem' part :P.

Bunkansee wrote:

I don't want to hear anything from you in particular, just wondered if someone could give me a brief overview of what he actually wrote/meant in that article.

"I really hate dota, so I made a book about how much I hate dota-like games and how every other type of game is so much less revolting." - Crazy Book Dude

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 21, 2014 6:08am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

I only posted the news. Seems like you're throwing everything on me if I understood well.

You might want to move the entire article into the quote block. Since the quote block is in between "by Michael.J.Doodad" and the article itself, it does look like it's you who saying it. Putting the entire article into the quote block should clear up the confusion.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 21, 2014 6:30am | Report
Wait, so this baseball player dude really thinks of himself as one who is comparable with geniuses like Einstein? Whoa, I thought this was just a sarcastic introduction from F.E.A.R.0!

I think we should propose a petition to ban baseball as it seems to influence it's players minds in a disgustingly negative way. Or at least help Mr.Lowell attend a good doctor. Somebody has one in mind?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 21, 2014 6:55am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

You might want to move the entire article into the quote block. Since the quote block is in between "by Michael.J.Doodad" and the article itself, it does look like it's you who saying it. Putting the entire article into the quote block should clear up the confusion.

There's nothing wrong with the quote. The quote thing is what he said. The other is what I copied from the website and posted it. I just wonder what kind of a mind would think that I said that.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved