Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

path of the blossom

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » path of the blossom 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Deleted » February 8, 2016 6:02pm | Report
Hey guys

Quick question my 2nd quest on the path of the blossom involves debuffing* enemy heros. How or what debuffs?

Cheers

Deleted

Steam: Deleted
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » February 8, 2016 8:37pm | Report
Stuns are debuffs, silences are debuffs, slows are debuffs, Weaver's The Swarm counts as a debuff, Slardar's Amplify Damage, Venge's death aura, etc. etc.

Basically, pretty much any ability that has a negative effect apart from damage counts. It's super easy to do in one or two games with basically any hero, as long as you win: my personal suggestions would be Shadow Shaman, Lion, or Tidehunter. Good luck

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » February 8, 2016 8:59pm | Report
Purge debuffs enemies. Most notably fortunes end, diffusal blade, Euls sceptre of divinity and cyclone(Invoker ability). Go to dota wiki to know more.

What it means is that there are positive buffs that are not auras and these can be debuffed. Runes, healing over time,enrage and other like abilities can be debuffed so that enemies go back to non-advantageous footing.

You would hear how omniknight's guardian angel can be countered by purges. Picking an invoker or getting a diffusal blade generally does the trick. That is what I meant by debuffing.

Mind you some buffs cannot be purged and as such are unpurgeable. This includes abilities like borrowed time. Once again, I urge you to go to dev forums and dota wiki to know more.

Debuffing an enemy hero means you are making their situation disadvantageous. For this, I suppose safecyn has put it correctly. Getting shivas, halberd,skadi,medallion of courage,abbysal blade work as debuffs.
The game may be asking you to do both in which case, learn to play oracle. He is everything purge and everything debuff

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Deleted » February 8, 2016 9:23pm | Report
Thank you both. I was under the impression it was as keep calm explained but then it didn't make sense that I needed to get 250 of them lol.

Makes the quest so much easier haha.

Cheers

Deleted

Steam: Deleted

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved