Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

One of the coolest matches ever?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » One of the coolest matches ever? 11 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 11, 2014 6:31am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Okay, so what I gathered from this: BLINK DAGGER PLOX, go roaming, stop screwing up wards/buy more wards, roam, missed a few kills, get two points in arcane aura, but max frostbite and crystal nova first (ignoring my own tips on my guide >.<)

You missed staying out of the Lane and hiding in the Fog when you're not needed in the Lane for Harrassing, and Jungling if you're not needed anywhere else. 8{3

I missed "always buy a Magic Wand" ._.

Generally, I would only take 1 level in Arcane Aura early on, but you had a Skywrath Mage and a Zeus who benefit from extra Mana Regen for spamming their Nukes, so a 2nd was legit this game. I would normally Max Crystal Nova by lvl7, then Frostbite by lvl9 with only 1 level in Arcane Aura at lvl3. Something like this.

Whether you take Crystal Nova or Frostbite at lvl1 always depends on your Lane, but always take the other one at lvl2 or 3. Against a Solo Slark, I'd go with Crystal Nova. Given the AoE and the Casting Range, it's easier to surprise him with it, which means he's more likely to activate Dark Pact after he gets hit. If he sees you coming, he can activate it before he gets hit, so he gets Purged almost immediately. This also means that the DoT from Frostbite is minimized if he times it spot on, but Crystal Nova is Burst Damage, so at the very least, he won't be able to mitigate any Damage using Dark Pact. Finally, Frostbite is not a Stun, it's a Root (I think), so he can still use Pounce and Dark Pact while under its effects to ensure he Escapes.
Bunkansee wrote:

And to answer to the mistakes you weren't sure about: I frostbite a creep at 2:45 because I missed xD
21:00 I was going in to ult, but I didn't have enough mana, was probably too suicidal anyway.

As for when I take Freezing Field, I typically leave it until about lvl14, after I've Maxed the other 3 skills for this exact reason. Your full combo:-

Crystal Nova -> Frostbite -> Freezing Field

...eats up 710 Mana If you have 2 levels in Freezing Field and have Maxed Crystal Nova + Frostbite, which is probably more than you have at that level (650 + anything from Items, e.g. 39 from a Magic Wand). It's fine to take it at lvl11, but you need to be conscious of your Mana and have some way of keeping it completely full if you do ( Magic Wand ftw!). Maxing it at lvl16 means it takes 910 Mana, but you have 864 Mana (+ anything from Items, which you'll have more of by this point). So, you're more likely to have enough Mana for the full Combo, even more likely as you gain more Stats and levels. 8{)

Edit: I recommend watching that replay carefully and thinking, when you died that time, could you have avoided it? When your Teammate died, even if it was half-way across the Map, was there something you could have done to help? (i.e. TPing in, Pinging an incoming enemy, calling "Missing" etc.)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved