Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My wonderful teammates! (an infuriating pub story)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » My wonderful teammates! (an infuriating pub story) 38 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 18, 2015 11:56pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1173468340

On fine afternoon, I decided to try out an item build on AM that I had suggested yesterday. This build seemed very promising, so I was very excited. I had intended to get my friend to help support me so I can farm said items, but when I called him on skype, he declined and said he was leaving soon.

So I made my first mistake: playing alone.

Fast forward to the picking phase: I said 'I'm gonna carry'. This was followed by silence from the rest of my team, and then a Silencer pick (heh).

Soon, I made my second mistake: picking Anti-mage.

We ended up with Anti-Mage (me), Silencer, Ancient Apparition, Drow Ranger and Ember Spirit. Basically, it was a ****ing ******ed line-up with all squishy and very greedy heroes. On the other hand, the opponent had an Axe, Doom, Phantom Assassin, Undying and Treant Protector; still pretty greedy, but a lot more powerful.

Now the beginning of the game started with me running to the safe-lane on the radiant side. 10 seconds after I passed my tier 2 tower, I realised something: no supports were coming with me. I pinged them and asked, 'can someone come with me?', to which the reply was:

AA: no, axe will be bot

Silencer didn't say a word. Literally, he didn't respond and just went top with out Drow, forming a tri-lane there. "I'm so ****ed," I thought, and I was right.

As I was proceeding down the lane with my first wave of creeps, an axe was standing in the lane behind my tower. Unable to contest, I circled around to my tower through the jungle and caught a glimpse of treant protector, who ignored me and started hitting the creeps with axe. As the creep-wave was cut, I was left in the bottom lane. Alone, helpless and running out of tangoes.

"FIRST BLOOD" the deep-voiced announcer bellowed. Our Ember had just died mid to a PA, just 2 minutes after the first creep wave had spawned. About a minute later, "Double kill!" Our entire tri-lane got dismantled by a solo Undying and a passing Doom. Wow, team is so pro! /sarcasm

4 minutes into the game, the Silencer finally opened his mouth, "someone help AM", he said. When there was no response, he teleported to the bottom lane. Guess what happened?

Silencer's head was pwned by Axe!

"noob carry can't farm", said all of my teammates in unison after seeing my items (which was, at the time, only boots, basilius and ring of health). I tried to talk some sense into them, that solo AM against Axe + treant protector or even just axe alone would be an impossible lane for me. They said "so many excuses, you just noob lah ****ing kid" with the annoying Singaporean slang (don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be racist. I'm Singaporean myself, but, just like there are some cyka blyats in Russia, there are chao chi bais here in Singapore). For the entire game, they said this to me when I tried suggesting something. My frustration built after 20 minutes of BM, and I finally exceeded my limit of patience. So I started saying "I noob", "I fail" and "You pro" in my teamchat repeatedly and also spamming chat wheel commands to annoy my team. They did get annoyed, and at least that put a smile on my face.

I proceeded to push the mid tower and the top tier 2 while my team was feeding in fights and demanding that I join, when I knew that I would obviously die if I did. I also ate 2 dooms, lived, and solo killed doom twice.

Obviously we lost at the end, but close to the end of the game, Doom and I were joking around, and he was calling me "ONII CHAN" and I affectionately referred to him as "DOOM CHAN" when I blinked to him to suicide "DOOM CHAN, TAKE ME!", to which he said "haha you watch too much hentai". My team resumed the BM because I was pretty much intentionally feeding at that point, but at that point the game had already ended. "noob carry" they said before they left the game. They probably also each left me a report for intentional feeding or chat abuse.

The whole point of this thread is not just to vent my frustrations, but also to say that I heavily appreciate the attitude of the dotafire community. It doesn't conform to the scumbag pubber idiot speak. We set our own standard of kindness, acknowledgement and respect here. Thanks guys, for all the good times we had, and keep up the culture of kindness here in dotafire!

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 19, 2015 12:04am | Report
YAMATEH ONII CHAN! *"nnh mmnnh mmmppph" noises ensue*

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 19, 2015 12:05am | Report
If I were you I wouldnt give a **** to that bot lane and join top, where Undying can kill everyone again XD

Btw you did get a little bit farm and those jokers who said **** abt you are even worse than you..

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 19, 2015 12:54am | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

If I were you I wouldnt give a **** to that bot lane and join top, where Undying can kill everyone again XD

Btw you did get a little bit farm and those jokers who said **** abt you are even worse than you..

I know, that's why I was so angry. Grade 'A' feeders, they were.

At least that game was followed by an easy Medusa win the next game! I made sure not to make mistake number 1 this time :P.

KoDyAbAbA wrote:

Uh... Ok XD.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 19, 2015 1:12am | Report
Don't do that here kody.

Remember, time and place.

kappa

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 19, 2015 1:27am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

Story of my life.
click to read

Pory, take it from the troll.
When this bad a lineup happens and a yeam has no shred of semblence of thought to aid their carry, Spam that mute button and start ratting and ksing.

When i feed, i get flamed. I carry, either of the team ends up flaming me calling all BS.
The solution is simply to mute and go about doing what you can manage.

Let me give you an example.
I was in a similar sitaution with medusa solo with ogre magi and axe backdoor ing.
I switched lane and ppl flamed me for stealing exp. We naturally sacrificed the bot towers to axe.
Then some how i stole all cs from the enemies at top and my teammates flamed me for taking all farm. I muted the bastards.
Somehow i farmed a skadi.
The juggernaut in my team had an aghs and he synchronised with my ulti for some resistance to 5 man dire pushes . The game progressed to 40 minute brawl in the era of 6.81.
I got a rapier. Then i got another one. We lost all raxes. They had every rax standing. The opposing spectre farmed a refresher.
The final fight started: All heroes were dead. EXCEPT MEDUSA, At full health.
This farce happened 3 times that game.
I unmuted my team. Then i heard the high praise they had for me. They were tmcommending my fighting spirit
After listening to all this, i Threw The Game.

Yes, vengeance my friend, is best served cold. And then you can laugh with your friends on how funny that day was, like i am right now.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 19, 2015 2:08am | Report
Kyphoid... SEA servers?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 19, 2015 2:12am | Report
Sometimes, just sometimes when i feel like flaming or gettimg flamed.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 19, 2015 3:19am | Report
SEA servers contain the most foul and most noxious trash players. Sometimes they really make me mad, like how can someone be so ******ed in real life?

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 19, 2015 3:31am | Report
Most of all they say la as a suffix and use this phrase: potang ina bobo. Idk what this means i just type xD as a response.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved