Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Most Popular Game mode

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Most Popular Game mode 7 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Favorite game mode
All Pick
All Random
Captains Draft
Captains Mode
Least Played
Limited Hero Pool
Random Draft
Single Draft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 9black » March 5, 2014 7:51pm | Report
Recently waiting for matches has started to take longer and longer, To combat this like most players I have began searching for games in more then one game mode. One thing I have noticed though is I enter more all random games then ether captains mode or captains draft. Which got me thinking; which game modes are the most popular? Which ones do you play most? Which ones do you dislike?

9black

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 5, 2014 7:55pm | Report
All Pick, All Random, Captains Mode and maybe Single Draft
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 5, 2014 8:10pm | Report
usually i play all pick, but after a long string of game where i lost more then 50% i started to play more captains mode, simply because i get much more players who know what they are doing.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 5, 2014 9:34pm | Report
The problem is that most of the people usually play captains mode and captains draft in a five-man stack, so you'll rarely get four players with your same skill level and five other players on the other team that follow the matchmaking requirements. On the other side, players usually choose single draft or random draft when they're solo queueing or playing with 1-2 friends, so they don't meet tryhards with a premade team in all pick or don't play CM with strangers.

I voted for captains mode, but most of the time I choose SD and RD if I'm not in a stack.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 5, 2014 10:31pm | Report
I usually play All Pick with friends, but nothing beats Captain's Mode <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » April 5, 2014 6:12am | Report
I love the idea of least played and would love to play it but i never get a match searching for a match with least played, I Think it is a bit sad because I would love to try new heroes in that way, but I voted for All pick because as I said I never had a chance to try it. What do you guys Think about least played? //Hagwill

Hagwill

Steam: Hagwill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 5, 2014 4:39pm | Report
Easily Captain's Mode. Something about it just appeals to me tactically, and my favourite part of Dota's always been coordinating a team. You have to think about bans and counters, much more than in All Pick or other modes.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved