Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MMR Rating for Solo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » MMR Rating for Solo 49 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 15, 2014 1:58pm | Report
and i just tell my team to go for an agressive trilane when i see some1 picking that greedy naix/LC jungle and rape!

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 16, 2014 9:34am | Report
Faust87 wrote:

As a player specialized in playing supports, I'm kinda stuck with my solo queque MMR... I can't seem to go higher that 2300 .___. I'm definitely no pro, but I realized that even when I'm better than the entire enemy team, if the allied carry plays really badly our team is still ****ed, since as a support I can't carry the game. In those cases I try my best to help my carry to farm and shut down the enemy carry, but sometimes it's not enough :/

Unfortunately, blaming lack of MMR increase on your teammates seems to be the norm when losing matches.

When winning though, it's very rarely about how badly the enemy team were.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » March 16, 2014 11:44am | Report
William wrote:

Unfortunately, blaming lack of MMR increase on your teammates seems to be the norm when losing matches.

When winning though, it's very rarely about how badly the enemy team were.

As is said, I'm no pro. I make a lot of mistakes and I'm not saying that it's always someone else's fault when our team loses, but still it's very frustrating when you do your best and you don't see the same in the rest of your team.

But anyway I believe that a support doesn't win the match if the carry is bad, so I guess I should try a carry/mid hero and see if I can rise from my current MMR pool.

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 16, 2014 2:30pm | Report
Faust87 wrote:

But anyway I believe that a support doesn't win the match if the carry is bad, so I guess I should try a carry/mid hero and see if I can rise from my current MMR pool.

Sadly, this is true

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AdiPadi » March 16, 2014 3:42pm | Report
I am kinda happy on the sea servers..... People in my matches play okay (Usually I only play position 5 as I cannot trust others :-P )
Shout-out to Philippines...... Please speak English when asked and STOP SAYING PINOY!!!

AdiPadi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 16, 2014 4:19pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Sadly, this is true

carry without good support cant win any match too

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 16, 2014 4:34pm | Report
I mostly pick Nature's Prophet and win by myself.

Well, of course there are those games where I play mid and try to help each lane, or even support.

That's what I do, I make sure my team is doing fine and they're winning their lane, it doesn't work every time though, but it increases the chances of winning.

I'm about 4600~ MMR both solo and matchmaking.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 16, 2014 5:20pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I mostly pick Nature's Prophet and win by myself.

Well, of course there are those games where I play mid and try to help each lane, or even support.

That's what I do, I make sure my team is doing fine and they're winning their lane, it doesn't work every time though, but it increases the chances of winning.

I'm about 4600~ MMR both solo and matchmaking.

There are basicly 2 heroes who can win a game almost on their own.

Natures prophet and Radiance Naga Siren.

Ofcourse you can also screw over your team by picking prophet and going to the jungle. Since he doesnt add anything early in the game and is really greedy.
That is why i prefer to see him as an offlaner or mid even in pubs.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 16, 2014 5:51pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

There are basicly 2 heroes who can win a game almost on their own.

Natures prophet and Radiance Naga Siren.

Ofcourse you can also screw over your team by picking prophet and going to the jungle. Since he doesnt add anything early in the game and is really greedy.
That is why i prefer to see him as an offlaner or mid even in pubs.

Radiance Terrorblade, Radiance Phantom Lancer, etc.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 16, 2014 10:09pm | Report
no hero can win 1 vs 5.
if you still lose vs ratdota, you should probably deinstall dota.

ScarPe

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved