Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mass Faerie Fires: Who?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Mass Faerie Fires: Who? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 22, 2016 5:17pm | Report
My friend has a disdain for Faerie Fire, saying it's a terrible item. Naturally, my first thought was "I wonder which heroes can get 4+ Faerie Fires as a starting build", as I remembered when I saw Goo's new SF guide and its inclusion of a 6 Faerie Fire starting build.

In my mind, a truly efficient Faerie Fire user has a lot of potential conditions.
1. Ranged. Melee heroes can get quelling blades, and damage is not that useful if you can't stab people in the face. Possible exception in Kunkka?
2. Upgrades from Bracer, Null, and Wraith suck for this hero, which is why you'd rather not get those items.
3. Possibly a defensive spell that reduces the amount of damage they take, which makes the heals more efficient, or high base armor.
4. Low base damage, so that the 8-12 damage provided by the Fires can actually do a lot.

Some heroes entered my mind, particularly, Huskar. Low base damage, drums suck on him, he has Berserker's Blood and health cost of burning spears, so heals seems efficient on him, and he can slowly consume the fires to replace it with his armlet + boots.

Others on that popped up: Clinkz (huge range, doesn't like Aquila, low damage), Lina {similar to Clinkz, a bit thirstier for bottle tho), Viper (helps win lane better, and gives sustain for a hero that usually does not bottle), Sniper (sad damage), Terrorblade (ranged form, high armor makes heal efficient?), Troll Warlord (so that you may troll your team.... and restore troll to his 6.83 laning).

Do any heroes come to your mind? Try to enjoy yourself on this thread, as I sense the Faerie Flames coming.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 22, 2016 5:23pm | Report
Io?

After bottle? The burst heal is good... the damage is ok for poking.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 22, 2016 5:28pm | Report
Doom? Wraith King?
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 22, 2016 6:28pm | Report
Why buy 4 of them? Just buy like 1 or 2 on any hero in the game and you can get value from it, because it's immediate burst heal. It can change the dynamic of a gank or an engagement like no other early game item can.

It's core on most mids, and you can justify going more than like 2 if you expect a tonne of action in lane early, because it's a fighting item.

Mangoes are arguably better on a lot of offlaners and safe laners since they need gradual sustain more than the burst (And the mana is a little more useful a lot of the time), but supports benefit from one or two of them due to the harass, and again the heal for engagements.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 22, 2016 11:29pm | Report
Some heroes have really low damage is all, so mass fires seems like it might be viable on some hero out there, especially heroes that want to bully the lane with their right clicks from the start. That's why Huskar came to mind, as did Viper and Troll Warlord.

And are supports really viable with Faerie Fires given how they don't get to last hit? Wouldn't you rather get an earlier Magic Wand?

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 22, 2016 11:34pm | Report
Weaver. Seriously the best user of this item in the game. FF is actually one of the big Weaver buffs in this patch. Imagine a squishy YOLO bug manfighter with 150 additional effective HP and more damage.

Morphling also comes to mind. It's a huge help to his laning stage because it allows him to sit at 400 HP in lane with less fear of burst.

FF is not a terrible item, instant heal is actually pretty gamebreaking.

You can't really go mass faerie fire though because of slot issues. You still need tango/salves and you still need other starting items. Just because there's a cool new item doesn't mean you should stack it, otherwise you're just another version of the 6 mango "zoning support" troll.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 23, 2016 12:20am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Weaver. Seriously the best user of this item in the game. FF is actually one of the big Weaver buffs in this patch. Imagine a squishy YOLO bug manfighter with 150 additional effective HP and more damage.

Morphling also comes to mind. It's a huge help to his laning stage because it allows him to sit at 400 HP in lane with less fear of burst.

FF is not a terrible item, instant heal is actually pretty gamebreaking.

You can't really go mass faerie fire though because of slot issues. You still need tango/salves and you still need other starting items. Just because there's a cool new item doesn't mean you should stack it, otherwise you're just another version of the 6 mango "zoning support" troll.

OI!
6 Mango works!
You can also buy for the team!!
When they say it doesn't work , you just give it to them anyways.
Change you name to Mango
Say to team: You will never fight without mango
If it goes well, pray to the Mango Gods
and if it doesn't, try to barter them................

Never be ashamed to be called a Mango Picker

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 23, 2016 5:50am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Some heroes have really low damage is all, so mass fires seems like it might be viable on some hero out there, especially heroes that want to bully the lane with their right clicks from the start. That's why Huskar came to mind, as did Viper and Troll Warlord.

And are supports really viable with Faerie Fires given how they don't get to last hit? Wouldn't you rather get an earlier Magic Wand?

If just want damage, get like a Wraith Band or a Null Talisman or 3 Gauntlets of Strength. FF is not an efficient damage item because it doesn't give you stats on top of that, and eats into slots.

But FF isn't about damage. It's about burst heal in engagements. That's why heroes that will see themselves involved in frequent fighting benefit from the item, like mids and supports, and rotating offlaners. The damage is just a really minor bonus (On supports it's a little bit more harass, but nothing noticable).

Like 75 HP instant heal in an early fight is essentially healing anuke, or half a nuke. It's a really big thing, so value the item for that, not the damage.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 23, 2016 6:07am | Report
Faerie Fire is actually the most cost-efficient damage item in the game.

Faerie Fire : 75/2 = 37.5 gold/damage

Blades of Attack : 420/9 = 46 gold/damage

Null Talisman : 52 gold/damage ( Wraith Band or Bracer is even more)

So on heroes who need all the attack damage they can get for their laning stage, the likes of Arc Warden or Medusa, you need FF in your starting build just for the damage. It's pretty much the Iron Branch of attack damage.

Example max damage starting build for a safe lane carry : Wraith Band recipe + Circlet + 2* Faerie Fire + Tango. And buy Slippers of Agility from side shop to finish WB with 2 last hits. That's +13 damage when you finish the WB.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » January 26, 2016 2:30pm | Report
Mango king must remain Mango King.

For all my mid heroes that get a bottle, I've just been buying two FFs and calling it good. If you take damage, you can heal it, and if not it gives you damage to lasthit with so you can have your bottle.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved