Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Discussion: Vladimir's Offering

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Item Discussion: Vladimir's Offering 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2015 2:54pm | Report
Hello everyone, TheSofa here!

I've been building Vlad's a lot recently, and I've realized that it's more useful that most think it is. Ever since they changed the fact that ranged heroes get lifesteal, there is literally no reason as to why to not pick it up.

It has an easy buildup (no parts over 1000)
It works well with pretty much all lineups.

The damage bonus is really good.

What do you think?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 15, 2015 4:55pm | Report
I do like this item a lot...the problem tends to be...who builds it?

As almost all it's bonuses work as an aura...it seems like an ideal support item. But supports are usually poor, and often saving for mobility items, wards, ghost scepters, aghs etc. Sometimes you think "why bother" when your carry already has a lifesteal item.

Obviously it's good on aura carriers...but they're generally not that interested in lifesteal. Maybe, maybe not.

Finally...minions heroes...very useful. But again, is it a priority?

Carries...a few, maybe Lycan, maybe Ursa. But why build it when your support could? And what if you need lifesteal before then? Or they're not around?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » July 15, 2015 5:10pm | Report
i will always build and even rush a necro -3 on lycan in comparison to vlads.
Cringe everytiem i see a basher vlads lycan. No push all fight. What the hell are these guys playing at?

My suggestion is that vlads is a complex item choice, do you build it or not depends on the team you have, if your supports can afford it before getting their items(Blink for example), and hero synergy.
This is the Io of items. Everybody likes an io on their team but it requires team coordination( here, it would be that vlad carrier either push or stay with team in fights and skirmishes)
But this poses a dilemma. If you push, wont you go with a deso given that recipe was reduced to 300 gold? Or a necronomicon 1? how about a maelstrom if you are ratting? how about HoTD if you are stacking(much idiocy this patch imo).

And if you partake in skirmishes dont you have a core item that you want on your hero? Blink on an SK/ES is more beneficial to the team than vlads.A BKB on sven would do wonders than a vlads(bless his soul those who make vlads on sven). Its not a late game item as AC is better in terms of aura and that 15% only amps base damage.

2 heroes come to mind that i would make vlads on ithout much coordination: Lone Druid and Meepo.
Other than that it is a supporty item on those heroes that dont rely on getting their core items up,i.e. ward *****es whenever they get a windfall would save for a vlads.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 15, 2015 5:47pm | Report
There's a natural group of heroes on which Vlads is a natural choice though : pushing carries.

Vlads increases the armor and damage of creeps and of your entire team meaning it's a very strong deathball item.

Dragon Knight, Viper, Huskar, Bristleback, Drow Ranger, Lone Druid, Troll Warlord, Shadow Fiend, Razor...even a QE pushing Invoker.

I'm surprised to not see these kind of heroes get an early Vlads and push with their team. Seems to fit them pretty well. I know there's a conflict with Mekansm on some of them, but in a pushing lineup another hero can get mek since now the point of mek is to build into Guardian Greaves, an item that makes no sense on a carry.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2015 6:01pm | Report
I actually really like it on Windranger.

The bonus damage works well with the ult, builds from an early Ring of Basilius and can help you push when nothing's happening.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » July 15, 2015 6:21pm | Report

i will always build and even rush a necro -3 on lycan in comparison to vlads.
Cringe everytiem i see a basher vlads lycan. No push all fight. What the hell are these guys playing at?

Vlads doesn't contribute to push? What are you smoking dude. Vlads gives both armor and lifesteal to creeps making pushing a lot easier. Having Necro3 and Vlads is the ultimate pushing build.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 15, 2015 6:48pm | Report
You can get it on everyone. There is no wrong answer. Kappa. Sorta.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 16, 2015 6:36am | Report
Sofa start up a Tusk thread. Or can I? don't want to steal your thing.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved