Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Great Scott! Ive Found It! The Anti-Meta!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Great Scott! Ive Found It! The Anti-Meta! 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by armc3j » April 16, 2015 6:49pm | Report
Fedorable wrote:

Wouldn't Invoker be the quintessential anti-meta hero? He's got a disarm to deal with right-clickers like Troll Warlord, Juggernaut and Sniper in Deafening Blast (I believe Slark cannot get rid of the disarm via Dark Pact). He can juke Jugg's ulti with Ghost Walk and he can use the slow to kite Troll and the invisibility to close the gap on Sniper. I mean, the dude's got about 10 spells, he should be able to hold his own against them.

The thing I don't know is this; how does Invoker match up against Storm Spirit?

And another thing; are there any really good Invoker players on the pro scene right now?

Pajkatt plays a good invoker, he did it recently in a match...I forget who they played against though
when a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back.

armc3j

Notable (3)
Steam: .Elusive
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 16, 2015 11:41pm | Report
Fedorable wrote:

Wouldn't Invoker be the quintessential anti-meta hero? He's got a disarm to deal with right-clickers like Troll Warlord, Juggernaut and Sniper in Deafening Blast (I believe Slark cannot get rid of the disarm via Dark Pact). He can juke Jugg's ulti with Ghost Walk and he can use the slow to kite Troll and the invisibility to close the gap on Sniper. I mean, the dude's got about 10 spells, he should be able to hold his own against them.

The thing I don't know is this; how does Invoker match up against Storm Spirit?

And another thing; are there any really good Invoker players on the pro scene right now?

BKB counters everything about Invoker, and both Troll and Storm get it, Jugg is a built-in one. So maybe against slark?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fires.of.hell » April 23, 2015 12:51pm | Report
I think Morphling is better against current meta. Shotgun build melts Troll Warlord, Sniper and Slark since they have average HP in the fact that they are Agility. He can also evade Juggernaut's Omnislash and I believe that Storm Spirit's power came from his right-clicks that's why they max his 3rd and being Ethereal nullify its potential damage, His skills just add compliments to his right-click power.

fires.of.hell

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved