Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dota 2 - Changing Suggested Items Program

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dota 2 - Changing Suggested Items Program 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by snipekiller » November 29, 2011 2:40pm | Report
I was bored and decided to make this program. All items and hero that are in the game work in this program.

If you see any mistakes let me know

You will need java to be able to run this program

Download Links:
https://rapidshare.com/files/4123090152/DotaItemMod.jar
http://www.mediafire.com/?tkb84zk3jrtpeg0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2CFRAN5Y

Download Link for people having trouble with original:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3y4i782ulc68961

Video Instructions:
Dota 2 change suggested Items - YouTube

I will be updating this program as new heroes/items are being released.

====================Updates======================= ==
12/3/2011 -- Added feature to view what items are currently listed in the suggested items on the hero. Added the new hero Lifestealer

12/6/2011 - Fixed skeleton king not properly saving item build

12/9/2011 - Added new Hero Death Prophet
====================Instructions=========================
If this is your first time launching the program - you must set the directory to to the dota folder
(The location is stored in the C drive, if you don't have a volume called C - this program will probably not work, if you really want it, email me and I'll adjust it for you)

Once you set the directory you never have to do this again, unless you reinstall steam to a different location, or delete the dotaItem.txt file in your C drive

After setting the directory, choose a hero and start setting the items.
-Right clicking on the mouse will remove the icon you set on that field
-You do not have to fill all the positions
-you don't have to search for the full name
-an empty search field will bring all the items/characters back on the interface -press enter or hit the search button on the empty field

After you have finished customizing your hero, hit Run----Edit Hero -if this is your first time editing that hero, the program will create a backup of that hero before changing.

once, you get prompted "finished creating item customization)" you are good to go, and your hero has the newly created recommended list.

If you want to go back to the original you can either, separately restore each hero with the Run---Restore File, or you can select Run---Restore All Files and restore every file that was edited by the program back to the original content.

If for some reason my program is not creating backups or wont restore the original file. You can go to your steam client ----Right click Dota 2 ----properties ----Local Files ---- Verify Integrity of Game Cache --This option will restore everything to the way it was.

if this does not work, then go to your dota/itembuild folder and delete the heroes that are not restoring back to normal and rerun the instructions above, and it will restore everything back to normal.

But I have been using my program, as well as a couple other people for testing, and they have not reported any problems.

You do not have to have my program running when playing dota 2, or the dota 2 game doesn't have to be on to use my program.

Enjoy!

snipekiller

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » November 29, 2011 3:40pm | Report
Will check it out, thanks for the program. +rep

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » November 29, 2011 6:48pm | Report
Fantastic good work mate

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mcus » December 1, 2011 7:19am | Report
Nicely done mate! Although you can just fiddle with the files yourself, it's much nicer to have a program do it for you, will check this out ^^
Morphling puts the 'ling' in bling and the 'Lin' in linken's sphere.

mcus

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by snipekiller » December 3, 2011 9:08am | Report
Added a feature where you can view your currently suggested items when you click on a area to edit.

If you are using my program, re-download for the latest update, or if you have not used it yet check it out!

snipekiller

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by snipekiller » December 3, 2011 1:27pm | Report
New hero has been added to the program.

Re-download to receive the latest updates!

snipekiller

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vison » December 4, 2011 3:28pm | Report
This is a really great program, especially considering the game is only in an exclusive beta! I hope to see continuous updates and many downloads.

Vison

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » December 4, 2011 3:30pm | Report
Thanks for your continued work on this sniper :)

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by snipekiller » December 6, 2011 3:39pm | Report
Fixed skeleton king not displaying items in game
--For some reason the skeleton king's text file is written slightly different than the other heroes which caused my program to write multiple content that confused the game.

Vison wrote:

This is a really great program, especially considering the game is only in an exclusive beta! I hope to see continuous updates and many downloads.

Thanks!, unless something happens to me, I plan on updating my program ASAP when a new hero/item is introduced.

If you see any problems please private message me or shoot me an email:
[email protected]

snipekiller

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 6, 2011 3:43pm | Report
Man this is an amazing program! Bloody well done!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved