Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cosmetic distribution

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Cosmetic distribution 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » January 14, 2015 8:53am | Report
Been thinking on this one for a while.

I know this subject has been brought up a ton, but I still think it needs to be said.

I can see so many cool ideas in my head for Bane and Troll Warlord, and yet they have no signs of getting any cosmetic items.

And THEN we look at Axe and Juggernaut. Oh boy.

Axe has two(!!!) immortals and an almost Juggernaut sized arsenal of weapons.
Juggernaut. Juggernaut. Let's not go into how many different swords he has. Just no. I refuse.

I realise that community/player favourites and most pub-loved heroes get the most item set love, but seriously? Almost every Axe I see in-game has BOTH immortals and one of several rare weapons and armour sets.

I know this is a closed statement really, and I don't expect too many responses, but I wanted to get this out there.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 9:09am | Report
who cares about items when you play dota 2 like a russian with downs syndrome?In my opinion, items are very materialistic in nature and don't matter at all.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » January 14, 2015 9:12am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

who cares about items when you play dota 2 like a russian with downs syndrome?In my opinion, items are very materialistic in nature and don't matter at all.

I dub thee Mahatma Ghandoto

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » January 14, 2015 2:54pm | Report
a new pudge set will sell even more than a jakiro set, so they keep doin pudge sets

Sad but true
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 15, 2015 2:28am | Report
Why not try draw a crown-based concept for Viper? He is just so damn unlucky being a naked flying drake

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 15, 2015 2:32am | Report
because viper sucks.

the only hero on which i would buy a set is morphling because all of his sets suck

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 15, 2015 5:30am | Report
come on he is so pitiful
then again, that naked water's set is also pitiful
why not make a set that makes the blue water become red? maybe we could make the name sth like "Red Fountain Set"? sounds delicious

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 15, 2015 5:42am | Report
too much kool aid bro?

something like an emerald green would be good.

also, something like deep blue ice which breaks to form morphing.with special ice animations :{D

Edit:like ancient kapparition, but a deeper blue.Bonus loading screen in which morph and AA are shown as homies doing a drive by, Morphling shooting adaptive strike and ancient kapparition using his ulti :{D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 15, 2015 7:44am | Report
why don't we make that as another arcana set

maybe the mission would be sth like this

"Morphling has a contract to use adaptive strike when ****** is using ******"

well the 1st stars is the hero name and the other is the skill's name

lets say : "Morphling has a contract to use adaptive strike when Wraith King is using Wraithfire Blast"

yay hurray for arcana

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 15, 2015 7:45am | Report
apart from the fact that it would be almost impossible to pull off, its pretty silly

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved