Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cheating in DOTA 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Cheating in DOTA 2 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » December 9, 2013 2:23am | Report
Had a very a very odd game at the weekend that I believe is the first time I suspect cheating - however I wanted to ask whether it is possible in DOTA 2 (im sure it is but just how possible).

In this game there was a player called "Toxic" and they were playing Tidehunter. First odd occurance was early game laning phase and me (as Chaos Knight) and my lane partner beat him down and as he was fleeing back to tower I throw out a Chaos Bolt to stun hi,, it hits and no stun at all...... very odd. Through out the game other noticed as well as their stuns seem to not work.

The most obvious was a couple of times when our Windrunner cast Shackleshot and on successfully hitting and shackling Tidehunter to a tree, he kept walking with the animation stretching ! Not a force staff or anything, just generally walking away from danger.

I am at work so cannot post match ID but I will and would love someone to watch and see what they think (although ignore my bad Chaos Knight) but how possible / prevelant is cheating in DOTA 2 ?

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 9, 2013 2:41am | Report
This is tidehunter's second skill, kraken shell. It purges himself every 600 damage, so if it reaches that threshold during a long stun hebjust walks away. I believe you can see a small animation when it happens.

Bottom line, he wasnt a cheater.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » December 9, 2013 3:20am | Report
like Timminatorr said its his passive...but how did shackle not affect him...did the windrunner attack him after that?

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » December 9, 2013 3:48am | Report
There are no cheats in doto :< And Tidehunter's passive is ******ed, you must deal with it.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 9, 2013 3:53am | Report
shroy wrote:

like Timminatorr said its his passive...but how did shackle not affect him...did the windrunner attack him after that?

Well if tide gets out of shackle the shakles themself dont disappear. So then tide just walks away with the shackle still attached.

That it why it looks strange.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » December 9, 2013 4:10am | Report
Thanks All !

To some it may seem a noobish question but having never used him /read about him in detail it just looked really off - 233 games / lots of youtube hours later, still so much to learn in DOTA - thats why i love it ! Now having read about him in more detail, he looks to be right up my street - a tanky support.

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sprout » December 9, 2013 6:28am | Report
The closest I've seen to cheating was a game where someone picked Broodmother, somehow got into the game, spawned webs on the rune spots (for vision) then repicked and the webs remained.

I think alt + enter gets you into the game earlier if everyone does it so maybe that was it, not sure.

Game ID: 347373036 however it was a pretty long while ago, not sure if it's still downloadable.

But yeah back to topic, definitely Kraken Shell

Sprout

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 9, 2013 7:44am | Report
I remember once there was a bug where people could sell the items from their illusions, over and over. It quickly swept through the game and made it unplayable. Got hot-fixed very soon afterwards.

Think with the game being designed from the ground up as a competitive multiplayer game, it's severely constrained most attempts at cheating, and the ones that do crop up are mostly bugs. Patches tend to be very fast coming out, Valve know even the perception of "DOTA is full of cheaters" would quickly ruin it.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » December 9, 2013 7:51am | Report
Agree - and for a fleeting moment my faith in the game was shaken as what I was seeing went against everything I knew and understood of the game..... but I do not understand everything and day I learn a little more :o)

commandojimbob

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved