Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

BS BS BS AND.. BS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » BS BS BS AND.. BS 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Croyzz » August 11, 2014 4:43pm | Report
Okay Dota 2 has officially annoyed me. It disconnects me from a server, I try to reconnect around 6 times, and I couldn't connect, the game ended and then I was granted with 5 Low Priority matches, Really Dota 2? Gonna do me like that?... -_-

Croyzz

Steam: Croyzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 11, 2014 6:55pm | Report
That's a you problem, not a DotA problem. You're failure to reconnect is an internet connection problem. DotA doesn't just decide to disconnect you. So... I would rage at your computer and perhaps break the screen in several places. That usually helps me.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 11, 2014 7:19pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

That's a you problem, not a DotA problem. You're failure to reconnect is an internet connection problem. DotA doesn't just decide to disconnect you. So... I would rage at your computer and perhaps break the screen in several places. That usually helps me.

Yeah, that would work.... Except that you couldn't play after you finish raging.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 12, 2014 5:04am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Yeah, that would work.... Except that you couldn't play after you finish raging.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about because duct tape fixes everything.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 12, 2014 5:14am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about because duct tape fixes everything.

Doesn't fix EBOLA or AIDS for that matter.

On Topic : Valve servers ****ed up last night royally, I got really mad at it. We were playing lost and found with 2 puck items, cause we couldn't trade properly. It sucked.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 12, 2014 8:27am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

*Gasp
You have clear duct-tape?

I WANIT!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 12, 2014 12:12pm | Report
It's pretty annoying that you get slapped with low pri because of a disconnect. I've had that happen before, and it feels really unjustified. Mine was because a storm came through and knocked our power out, and wasn't due to anything I did. Valve, unfortunately, views that as equal to a rage quit.

Honestly they need some kind of appeal system in case something like this happens. I'm sure they don't want to sift through all the appeals from people who deserve low pri, but it's insane to have to play 5 games with the worst of Dota because your isp had maintenance or something.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 13, 2014 6:20am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Doesn't fix EBOLA or AIDS for that matter.

On Topic : Valve servers ****ed up last night royally, I got really mad at it. We were playing lost and found with 2 puck items, cause we couldn't trade properly. It sucked.

The servers were "down for maintenance" or something. I think we all experienced problems. I think a little advance warning would've been nice Valve.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 13, 2014 6:53am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

The servers were "down for maintenance" or something. I think we all experienced problems. I think a little advance warning would've been nice Valve.

They never do that. Plus, I am in Steam alpha. **** like this should not happen.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 13, 2014 8:25am | Report
That's the message I got when I tried to get on Steam. "The servers are down for maintenance."

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved