Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

At the core of it all?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » At the core of it all? 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 4, 2015 5:21am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I'd even argue Eul's Sceptre of Divinity is becoming a core item for at least teams, if not specific heroes. At the very least, it is a core item on Elder Titan, Jakiro and probably Puck. They are all item pick-ups that add so much potential to what a hero can do, (In the case of Jakiro and Elder Titan they are essentially different heroes post Eul's) more so that most other things.

In fact... I'd kind of argue that there are no core damage items, because damage items usually don't change things as much as other given core pick-ups. Not a single damage item at least. Might just me being mad, but hey.

I wouldn't call it core on ET mostly due to the fact that it can be replaced by drums pretty easily.

Also are you saying that Phase Boots and Treads are not core items due to them being damage items?

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 4, 2015 6:04am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

I wouldn't call it core on ET mostly due to the fact that it can be replaced by drums pretty easily.

Also are you saying that Phase Boots and Treads are not core items due to them being damage items?

I don't value Drums of Endurance anywhere near the amount I value Eul's on ET. Both are mobility enchancers, but even as a item to assist in Brawling and early fighting (Which is the point of early, Eul's is better on ET. Making Echo Stomp and Earth Splitter have some-what reliable set-up due to the spin changes the hero in game. Whilst yes, in an organised team, you can have a set-up stun lead into Echo Stomp, but Eul's is so versatle, and fits ET so well (Movement speed, mana sustain, a reliable disable to compensate for his lack of one). Where as Drum's, whilst cheaper and whilst it helps make you tanky, doesn't bring as much to the table through-out the game. But then I don't think Drums are that good for anything other than early Stats.

Eeeeh... Kinda? Like, I think Boots are generally one of the areas where the core item principle applies (Of it being situational), because almost every hero has a choice between 2 boots at a given point (Right Clickers want either generally Treads or Phase, non-right clickers generally want Tranquils or Arcanes. And I say generally, because I know there are exceptions, like Puck).

I don't really know what to think about boots in relation to being core items. I admit I didn't consider them earlier.... I'll say tht it's very rare for a single variety of boot to be core on a hero (I'd say Like a core Naga Siren and Tinker is an exception, because you'll build BOT's. Earthshaker as well, because you need the mana pool size just as much as the sustain). But there are usually two boots that are built more than the others on most heroes (A lot of heroes who build arcane boots can also get away with building Tranquils + Soul Ring instead)

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 4, 2015 6:48am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

then you havent seen the way euls is being used on ET.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 4, 2015 7:01am | Report
You puny mortals, how can you compare drum which is essentially an overpriced point booster to the almighty Euls?

Euls -> Stomp = remove a hero from the game for 8 seconds.

Every hero is better with a Euls. Euls Gyro/Shadowfiend is a thing. So when you have a freaking 1.4 second delay stomp you just get dat Euls.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » January 4, 2015 7:37am | Report
Euls doesn't work on ET in pubs because everyone would be so panic and right click everything.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 4, 2015 7:39am | Report
Euls is for people who can use it.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 4, 2015 7:40am | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Euls doesn't work on ET in pubs because everyone would be so panic and right click everything.

When I play with friends at 3k mmr that's not the case anymore. At my current 2k though yes they tend to rightclick asap.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 4, 2015 8:23am | Report

When I play with friends at 3k mmr that's not the case anymore. At my current 2k though yes they tend to rightclick asap.

You gotta take that back.
I HAVE GAME SENSE.
If i ever see an ET on my team i dont touch the sleeping guys until its almost sure that the ulti will ht, then i go and nuke em up.
But yea i havent seen a euls ET anywhere on my skill level.
They just rely on his buffed stomp AoE.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 4, 2015 12:34pm | Report
Its a tricky question, I'd agree with most of the comments. There are very few truly "core" items - probably Boots of Travel on Tinker, Blink Dagger on Sand King, Magnus, Earthshaker etc.

Truly core items are ones which the heroes' playstyle depends very heavily on - i.e. they are much less effective without them.

All other "core" items are somewhat situational, but generally a very useful or safe choice. E.g. Aghanim's Scepter on Juggernaut, Boots of Speed on pretty much everyone, etc.

I'd also say core is somewhat time dependent - they're generally items you want to pick up fairly soon into the game, obviously carries have more flexibility here than supports.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 4, 2015 3:13pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Locket and KRdoto pretty much explained why Euls really isn't core on ET. You would actually need to be on a team with people who know what their doing for it to be successful.

Jakiro gets more use out of it due to him being able to dump all of his abilities right afterwards without a care.

While using Earth Splitter on one hero is somewhat of a waste.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved