Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Asking for a guide.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Asking for a guide. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dominatorDora » February 24, 2014 12:38pm | Report
Hello people,

The guide i want to see is "jungle in public games"

The reason i want to see this guide is becaus i see ALOT people going in jungle for like 25-40 minnets to farm EVERY core item they need. And with the Public experiance i got i feel like that dual lane with a support is better for a carrier then farm in the jungle. Not only that you can get more gold. But also to help a support staying in his lane. I have been playing matches with a Legion commander in the jungle and laning vs 2 as a CM/venomancer. It just make me hating the game.

My math + experiance is not as good as the most of the players here. So i am asking if someone can make a decent guide. Really want to see this kind of stuff:

Do i profit more from the jugle?
Does any lane need me?
When to rotate to a lane?
When to stop with jungling?
Jungle priority (Witch hero is jungling the best)

So basicly i hate people in jungle becaus they don't help the team 9 of the 10 time. And i prefer to refer them to a good guide then calling them a ***** **** **** **** or a noob. Hopefull i am not the only one with this frustration.

Anyone got some time/experiance for this kind of guide?

dominatorDora

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » February 24, 2014 1:13pm | Report
I got advice on jungling from my friend who has played like forever, and he said that junglers usually jungle because of the farm.

And from LoL experience, I'd say that you get more gold and more experience if you have a jungler

Top lane might need you the most if he is facing two opponents

anyone who has better knowledge can correct me though

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 24, 2014 1:44pm | Report
junglers are supports. ofcourse some people jungle with lifestealer or ursa in pubs but that leaves you with 1 support and 4 farmers. even a jungle prophet is too greedy although it can be done in pubs.

a jungler means that you have 1 support who will have an easier time getting items and levels, but you can punish their team becouse theu have 1 less laner.

Chen and Enchantress are really good support junglers, while Enigma farms more but he still builds the mekanism most of the time and classifies as support.

Doom and Axe can also jungle, but they are not real supports, usually you need an offlaner or even mid to transition into a supportish role while they jungle more.

there are also others who can jungle like Batrider and Dark Seer but they NEED some items and are usually played as offlaner, and go into the jungle if they cant farm in the offlane.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dominatorDora » February 24, 2014 3:24pm | Report
I understand the part about jungling in competitive scene. A support who doesn't leach Carriers XP. But the fact that people jungle in public to get all core items is really ****ty. the lifestealer, legion commanders, Wraith kings, dooms and axes who jungle for 30 minnets are my problem. I want to give those players a link to a guide where they can learn.

So the guide is a kind of a "tip" for players who jungle 25 minnets. Not bad that they jungle, but they have to know when to jungle and when to help lanes.

dominatorDora

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » February 24, 2014 6:05pm | Report
Can I just say, as a support you shouldn't be leeching xp off the carry if he can hold his own on his lane. Do something else to help the team.

I think communication is the issue with most junglers, no-one talks to them or asks them to do anything until it's too late and then you just rage at them. Ask them for a gank if it's possible with their hero (asking a sub level 6 Doom to gank is just a waste), if they refuse then at least you've tried and they're just being stubborn.

Mainly the type of people you are referring to I think are those that do the same build every game with their hero. They don't think about the lineups, they just get the same items as they did last time with him. Going Hand of Midas is very greedy for a jungler but if your lanes are fine and you are having free time in the jungler it is sometimes ok. The problem is it means that they aren't really useful till they have got the item after their midas, which takes even longer, and by this time, you 5v4 matchup has normally paid a heavy price.

T1mmay

Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved