Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

8.82c. Another patch.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 8.82c. Another patch. 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 15, 2014 1:56pm | Report
http://store.steampowered.com/news/14675/

Another patch has just hit dota.

The buyback cooldown change is pretty big, its a big deal in lategame, now you need to be even more carefull with your buyback.

The bounty bonus might be in a good place right now.

BRING ON THE DEATH PROPHET NERFS. GOOOOD.

Though im kinda sad, the brewmaster nerf is good.

Really smart nerf to terrorblade metamorphosis, it reduces his early kill potential in lane quite a bit.

I dont understand why spectre and ommni have to be nerfed. Neither is played a lot or needs nerfs.

Yesssssss, less void and especially razor!!!!!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » October 15, 2014 2:02pm | Report
It's 6.82c, mate.

Also, Spectre in 6.82 has the 3rd best winrate, so nerf for her is a right call. Omniknight is also very strong now, as he is one of the best supports in late game due to Guardian Angel with Aghanim's Scepter.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 15, 2014 2:24pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

It's 6.82c, mate.

Also, Spectre in 6.82 has the 3rd best winrate, so nerf for her is a right call. Omniknight is also very strong now, as he is one of the best supports in late game due to Guardian Angel with Aghanim's Scepter.

Well ommni is pretty much only good in pubs, i think slightly nerfing his abilities and buffing his stats to not make him the weakest support in the laning stage in the game is much better.

Spectre is in a good place balance wise imo, she doesnt seem like that much of a problem in pubs. The winrate will probably decrease over time anyway.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sgt. Jimmy Rustles » October 15, 2014 4:01pm | Report
What about Sven's new AGHS Ability? He shares the powerup God's Strength with everyone!

Sgt. Jimmy Rustles

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 15, 2014 10:14pm | Report
Finally Brewmaster ult is actually stoppable. Thanks volvo. Now if you gave Faceless Void the same treatment...

The more I see patch notes, the more I realize how bad the game balance actually is.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » October 16, 2014 1:24am | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

It's 6.82c, mate.

Winrates mean nothing, honestly. Remember that DotAbuff is a collective of ALL PLAYERS, and the majority of the community do not play heroes as they should be played in high tier games.

Two common supports picked up in the competitive scene right now: Shadow Demon and Io.

Bottom four winrates of all heroes:

Shadow Demon: 40.99%
Alchemist: 40.98%
Io: 39.24%
Earth Spirit: 38.21%

Just because a hero has a high win rate does not mean that he/she is a powerful hero. Likewise, just because a hero has a low winrate, it does not mean that he/she is not a powerful hero.

Omni was fine as he was. He doesn't see competitive play, and for good reason: He's not very strong. He's good against like... Gyro (Whom is awful now). He excels against large AoE physical damage spells (or abilities), which currently are not terribly popular (Minus maybe Luna glaives). The Omniknight nerf was really unnecessary. If you're having problems against Omni, pick a team that can split push and never 5v5 them. If you're thinking "Well then he can just get aghs", you talk about aghs like it's easy to get on Omni. He can't gank, and he can't farm unless he's played as a core. Essentially the only reliable gold he gets comes from towers. Enjoy your 45 minute Aghs. Guess what? When you use ult, the opposing anti mage is going to just blink away and farm your jungle. See you in 15 seconds when your ult is on CD. What a hero.

I don't mind the Specter nerf, because her ability to get extra gold through assists from across the map is very powerful. Especially against carries like Medusa and Naga who require much more space and have no way of farming assist gold like that without a lot of rotation (And subsequently, missed last hits).

I don't like the exp change. Essentially you need a roaming buddy now, or the experience is almost 1/3 less than it was. Do you know how hard it is to get a public player to roam with you? Although I do suppose that DotA needs to be balanced around pro players, and not pub games. I understand the change, but it will have a large impact on pubs.

I'm also glad to see the TB nerf. That hero can come back so quickly from ANY number of ganks. You basically have to constantly hunt him, or he will farm drums in 2-3 minutes, and spiral out of control from there. It's insane. I hate him.

Also, Lion should start with an Aghs. Just a thought.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » October 16, 2014 3:01am | Report

Two common supports picked up in the competitive scene right now: Shadow Demon and Io.

Bottom four winrates of all heroes:

Shadow Demon: 40.99%
Alchemist: 40.98%
Io: 39.24%
Earth Spirit: 38.21%

No big surprise that the two most ally/co-operation dependent supports don't have great pub win rates, but they certainly aren't bad heroes.

Spectre also has the added advantage of being able to farm when other carries need to be in position already when a fight may be about to start...however she has a super-sucky early game. Needs Grade A babysitting - quite easy to counter with the right offlaner or an aggressive trilane.

TB has insane split-push, but a bit of a glass cannon in fights without a lot of farm.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » October 16, 2014 3:24am | Report
DAT. NEEDED. VOID. NERF. MAI GOD.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 16, 2014 3:26am | Report
Could someone c&p the notes possibly? Cant access steam's site at work...
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 16, 2014 3:43am | Report
Buyback cooldown increased from 6 to 7 minutes
* AoE Gold NWFactor reduced from 0.06/0.06/0.05/0.04/0.03 to 0.05/0.05/0.05/0.04/0.03
* AoE XP XPFactor reduced from 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.15/0.12 to 0.23/0.23/0.2/0.15/0.12
* Mystic Flare damage is now dealt over 2.4 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds
* Ancient Seal cooldown increased from 11 to 14
* Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
* Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145
* Juxtapose max illusions reduced from 6/8/10 to 5/7/9
* Bloodrage now only amplifies for half of the value when the dealer and the receiver are over 2200 range apart
* Primal Split cast time increased from 0.4 to 0.65 seconds
* Primal Split delay after cast time (while invulnerable) reduced from 0.85 to 0.6 seconds
* Ethereal Blade projectile speed increased from 1100 to 1200
* Song of the Siren cast point increased from 0.65 to 0.8 seconds
* Guardian Angel no longer provides HP Regeneration
* Metamorphosis movement speed reduced from 315 to 290
* Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%
* Sunder no longer interrupts the target
* Sunder cast range increased from 250 to 325
* Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%
* Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290
* Chronosphere cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 130/110/90
* Eye of the Storm Scepter interval increased from 0.55/0.45/0.35 to 0.6/0.5/0.4
* Static Link cooldown increased from 25 to 32/30/28/26
* Flaming Fists damage type changed from Magical to Pure (pierces Spell Immunity)
* Flaming Fists damage reduced from 100/150/200 to 80/115/150

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved