Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Unable to create skillbuild

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Unable to create skillbuild 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Focus#151703 » November 18, 2011 12:22pm | Report
Whenever I attempt to make a skill build, save it and then preview it, it always seems to default to this odd skillbuild. Attached is the build it always defaults to. Any idea what is going on?

http://i.imgur.com/9GAAx.jpg

PS: What is up with Storms name there?

Focus#151703

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dirrwen » November 18, 2011 12:25pm | Report
Same thing happening with me D:

And what's wrong with Storm's name?
LoL has a learning curve, DotA has a learning cliff.

dirrwen

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » November 19, 2011 1:18am | Report
Same happening to my guide :(

Link: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/riki-quot-if-you-can-see-me-youre-already-dead-quot-27

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » November 20, 2011 12:04am | Report
Fixing!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dirrwen » November 20, 2011 4:02pm | Report
Thanks Matt :3
LoL has a learning curve, DotA has a learning cliff.

dirrwen

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » November 22, 2011 4:42pm | Report
All fixed!! Finally found the issue, was buried deep in some third party code. I just did a test and it all works properly now.

The catch is you will have to go back and update your skills again. I can't recover the broken skills as the correct ones were never stored. So you will just have to edit your guide, redo the skills and publish again.

You may have to clear your browser cache to get the newest version of the script, but otherwise you should be able to go back and fix all the skill levels in your guides now!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PotM_Plz » November 22, 2011 4:47pm | Report
so wait, refresh? or login/logout?

PotM_Plz

Notable (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » November 22, 2011 5:01pm | Report
So, edit your guide, hit publish, check that your latest changes appear when you view it. Then log out and go back to view your guide and see if it is still showing the latest changes.

Saving your guide does not update what everyone else sees, it only stores your changes in the database, it does not publish them publicly. Only you will see changes made when you hit save. Hit publish to let everyone else see them.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and you did publish your changes, and they still don't show up? If that is what's happening then there is a bug :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PotM_Plz » November 22, 2011 5:02pm | Report
Nope, all fixed :D sorry if i confused u and FlashJ.

PotM_Plz

Notable (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » November 22, 2011 5:05pm | Report
No worries, glad you got it working :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved