Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Something needs change.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Something needs change. 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » December 1, 2011 2:51pm | Report
This needs to be said and me being someone who has been here since the beginning I feel like my opinion (that I know many others agree with) needs to be said.

Let's get through the first 3 issues.

1. Recent Editor Promotions.

Quoted:
5 Posts? 0 Guides? You defiantly meet the requirements of Editor! Great work!

First off. You ****ing kidding me? This is a complete joke. We have enough editors that actually post frequently, put out guides and general help out others. Maybe if our admins who come on once in a blue moon to update/tell us about updates/promotions would look at the ********* that goes on with the trolls and just general childish ********, then we wouldn't need to hire editors that know nothing about our community and content.

2. Admins

I have respect for anyone that puts in the time to a website to make it better, but you guys really need to step up your game. Hire other admins that are on frequently, to keep an eye on guides that turn into fights etc. not hire editors that have 5 posts. I've talked to a few admins on other Dota 2 sites that are respectable because they take the time to look at their community and if they can't they hire people that do. As most of these other admins explained they have stopped by and left as soon as they got the chance because they see the ******** that goes on. Is this the image we went from other sites? Is this what we want for a site most of us enjoy and put our time into? Simple answer NO.

3. Fights

Everyday almost there is a new fight, new argument etc. that gets way out of hand and because our admins don't step it gets worse and worse. This stuff needs to stop. If your not going to do anything(admins) and our editors can't due to their limited powers then promote editors/hire admins/put the time into looking into this ****.

This is my second thread that I made trying to highlight the issues to our admin team. Last time you guys locked it and said problem solved. WELL HOW'D THAT WORK OUT?

Final words: If your not going to solve the issues hire people that will

Lock the thread do whatever. Just know that this isn't just my opinion, but many other veteran members opinions.

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » December 1, 2011 3:02pm | Report
If this is a rant about me then you can rant all you want... I'm currently working on a guide but i wont release it any time soon since i need to clean it up a bit since my ideas are all over.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » December 1, 2011 3:07pm | Report
It's a rant about a site I've been with for a long time that has turned into something it shouldn't. Which includes hiring people like you who came to this site to get people to your team...

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PotatisFarfar » December 1, 2011 3:11pm | Report
This is silly.

1.Editors are only here to edit the database. Who cares how many posts they have? Any one with google can look up stuff and edit it.

2. I have total respect in what the Admin team is doing. Just look at MOBAFire and tell me they do not know what they are doing. The game this site is based off have not even started, we only have a few active members, so there is really no point of rushing things at all.

3. It is the internet, fights will happen, i have never seen anything really going over the line, and the ones i have seen crossing the line have been reported and dealt with. Pro tip, if you see something that bothers you, send a PM to any of the admins, they have 4 sites to look after right now on top of there personal life.

4. "Veteran members" No one here is special, the site has just started, so don't think you are better than any one ealse here.

I feel like this post is just insulting and if anything this kind of behavior should be stopped.

PotatisFarfar

Notable (11)
Steam: Luna 3.20
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » December 1, 2011 3:13pm | Report
I didn't only come here to create a team, i came here to join the community and share my knowledge of the game. I don't know if you missed the part about me creating a guide but it's in progress just calm yourself for a bit.

If you want something to be done you should probably inbox the person who hires editors.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 1, 2011 3:16pm | Report
I think everything you explained is right, to an extent, though maybe exaggerated a little. The new editors... no idea why they were even needed, all but one I never even saw around here. Not to mention they really weren't needed all that much. Now half of the entire DOTAFire site is editors.

Admins really do need to stop by more often.

Fights aren't that common really, just a few happened and half of those got out of hand. Others were just the internet doing what it does best.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » December 1, 2011 3:19pm | Report
Quoted:
Hey guys you may or may not know me but i am PiNG- in steam. My SN: zyQUzA0e5esy2y feel free to add or reply here with detailed information on why you should join my premade 5 team. I currently have 2 players including myself in that so there are 3 slots left.

I'd like to know what you know about the game so far and a little bit of background history and what the creators went through.

Enjoy and cheers.

Whatever you say.

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » December 1, 2011 3:23pm | Report
Sorry i phrased that wrong, what i meant to say was, i didn't only come here to create a team, i came here to be apart of the community as well. lol DKM!

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 1, 2011 3:38pm | Report
As stated above, editors are primarily here to update the database. Although it would be good to see them eventually be upgraded to other roles within the community.

As for the Admins, I am sure they are doing plenty behind the scenes, even if they are not, again as stated above, this forum is in BETA as well as the game it is based around. I think you should take a step back and just partake in non violent conversations with others in the community, and stop worrying about the progression of the site. I don't think any lack of progression has impacted on the potential to communicate with others in the community as well as write and read guides...

Fights are a natural part of any community, I haven't seen many fights, again I do not think they impact too greatly on the community. A heated debate is sometimes needed to keep people engaged and entertained. If it is emotionally impacting on you too greatly, pm me for some statements such as "No matter what they say about you, you are great and we all value your suggestions", and things like "You totally owned those noobs".

Hold such serious accusations and complaints for when the forum goes 1.0, although feedback in a constructive manner is always appreciated by the admin staff I'm sure.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » December 1, 2011 3:59pm | Report
Quoted:

As stated above, editors are primarily here to update the database. Although it would be good to see them eventually be upgraded to other roles within the community.

As for the Admins, I am sure they are doing plenty behind the scenes, even if they are not, again as stated above, this forum is in BETA as well as the game it is based around. I think you should take a step back and just partake in non violent conversations with others in the community, and stop worrying about the progression of the site. I don't think any lack of progression has impacted on the potential to communicate with others in the community as well as write and read guides...

Fights are a natural part of any community, I haven't seen many fights, again I do not think they impact too greatly on the community. A heated debate is sometimes needed to keep people engaged and entertained. If it is emotionally impacting on you too greatly, pm me for some statements such as "No matter what they say about you, you are great and we all value your suggestions", and things like "You totally owned those noobs".

Hold such serious accusations and complaints for when the forum goes 1.0, although feedback in a constructive manner is always appreciated by the admin staff I'm sure.

I've brought this up numerous times on the forums and to our team of admins and they still choose to do nothing. I rarely see admins post on fights such as the recent involvement with Loveless and 'The Trolls' via The Nightstalker guide. That went on for about a week and still 0 admin action was taken. This is getting out of hand and something gotta give as we are reaching our 1.0. That is why I feel so strongly about this issue and we need to change it before the day we are out of beta hits. As for my 'conversation matter' as displayed above it was just to show that I and many others are angry about the recent events and lack of support from our admins.

@Potato I never meant to say 'Oh I'm special look at me' by saying I've been here for awhile. The point I was trying to get across is I've seen this site grow from a fun and enjoyable site to something that I get on and shake my fist at on a regular bases. I strongly believe that the features and tools we have are superior to other websites and that because of many events that push away new members (fighting, people slamming guides because the person might not have that much knowledge about what their writing about etc.) that these tools respected and used as they should be.

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved