Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's get something straight

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Support » Let's get something straight 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » November 22, 2011 9:32am | Report
Agreed, fusion. I try to remain neutral and just stay out of it.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FlashJ » November 22, 2011 4:57pm | Report
Editors are not required to behave differently than they normally do simply because they help out with the database. Its understandable some new members may think they have more authority than they do but that will change quickly once they realize almost anyone can be an editor and once we add in moderators and other ranks.

Our hope is that during incidents like this those with a level head and good moderating skills will show themselves and Matt and I will notice. When they do, those are the types we are looking for to be Moderators.

Everyone has the choice of being part of the problem or part of the solution. Obviously those who choose to be part of the solution will be rewarded.

FlashJ

ps: those of you waiting for your editor applications; we will be doing them in batches so it may take a few days to get promoted.
"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my goram ship!?" -- MR

FlashJ
<Administrator>

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PotM_Plz » November 22, 2011 5:01pm | Report
Is that last part a quote? It's really good XD

PotM_Plz

Notable (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FlashJ » November 22, 2011 5:10pm | Report
lolz nope just came out that way :P
"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my goram ship!?" -- MR

FlashJ
<Administrator>

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » November 22, 2011 5:42pm | Report
I still feel that once you have accepted to become an editor and are given that title by an admin you represent the site. Acting in a hostile manner looks bad in any circumstance, but it just makes the site look bad if it comes from someone representing the site.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » November 22, 2011 5:47pm | Report
Whatever, I'll shut my yap and just keep making guides as I see fit. I mean ignoring certain people is something I can definitely deal with. There won't be any problems from me regarding these type of scenarios in the future.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » November 22, 2011 5:50pm | Report
^^ don't hold any grudges, Loveless. I don't think it was the guy's intent to get under your skin, though it may have come off that way.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » November 22, 2011 6:04pm | Report
I am a living grudge. And not really, I just don't like any of the guys from MOBACAST and this has been prior to that occasion. Not going to bring that over to the site though, so I am just going to drop it right here and now.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » November 22, 2011 6:10pm | Report
Sounds like everyone's straight, gonna lock :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved